“A classic worth revisiting ”
Review of Chillingsworth

Chillingsworth
Ranked #15 of 43 Restaurants in Brewster
Price range: US$50 - US$75
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

We dine at Chillingsworth once a year when we are on the Cape.
Usually we are here in September, but our schedules made an October trip more practical.
It is restaurant week on the Cape, so the place was fairly packed for an after season Thursday night, but that did not diminish the quality of the meal or service one bit.
We had the option of the 3 course meal or ala carte.
We opted for the 3 course meal and were not disappointed.
The beet carpaccio was fresh and bright. I had the escargot, served in a garlic crema with ham and herbs. A different presentation, but outstanding flavor.
The Rick shrimp risotto was crisp and balanced, and my stuffed quail was prepared to perfection.
The pistachio creme brulee was an incredible finish to a wonderful meal.
No wonder we always have one dinner at Chillingsworth when we are in the Cape

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank BalletBill

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Chills Bistro has the largest menu of all the restaurants participating in Cape Cod Restaurant Week. We had four different appetizers, entrees and desserts and they were all excellent, and the service was wonderful too.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank Glennth12
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Chillingsworth is like eating in the home of a good friend ---a good friend who is a very good cook. Generally, the food was excellent and the service was impeccable. About the food: the appetizers were great. My husband is still raving about the warm oysters; my soup was excellent. Main courses --all fish-- varied. Our friends loved, loved their striped bass. My husband and I both had flounder which we both felt was overpowered by the mustard/mushroom sauce. Too bad, because it was a beautiful piece of fish. Desserts: well , you can't miss with the raspberry soufflé. So overall, very good, but some low points.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Been told this was an excellent restaurant but it appears time has passed it by. Nothing was terrible but there are many better places on the Cape, as compared to when this restaurant started. The decor is dated. Most of the food was solid if uninspired presentations but stay away from the bread pudding -- my wife and i love sweets but didn't finish this. So many little things - kept thinking we were a party of 4 even though I called and left a message that we were now 2, didn't have the wine we wanted, poor pacing (they took the dessert off the bill), didn't replace my knife after they took it with my salad, no sugar brought with coffee,

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

We live in Brewster and had not been to the Bistro in a few years. We will not return. The service was very slow and the salad and entree were served next to each other. The Caesar salad was nothing but lettuce with a mediocre dressing. My tuna entree consisted of four slices, only one was rare. A small and inadequate serving. The worse tuna I have ever experienced. My wife's lamb chop was over cooked. The waitress never checked on the meal.

I don't know how they can continue in business with such poor service and food. The summer tourist must be very forgiving.

Date of visit: August 2017