All reviews beach bar ocean edge private beach cape cod the pub west wing beach staff cocktail hour planning process terrace restaurant indoor pool tennis courts wedding coordinator family vacation rehearsal dinner front lawn wait staff
Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

We visited this resort over the weekend to celebrate my friends bachelorette party!! Their service and staff members are amazing and very welcoming. The place is very beautiful and well maintained!!! We enjoyed indoor pool, hot tub, pub and dinner place too!! They have so much to do onsite... would definitely visit this place again in summer to enjoy more!!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
RickSchatz, Manager at The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay at The Mansion at Ocean Edge. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the grounds, the pools, Bayzo's Pub, and the level of service our staff provided. We look forward to welcoming you back for future stays. Thank you again for your kind words.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 17 October 2018

Must've been something in the 70s... Disappointing, as it is billed as something much nicer. Seems like they've been 'putting lipstick on a pig' for quite sometime now. Once we got to our parking lot, it had that 'motel' feeling. The pool area needs a complete overhaul, as do the hallways. Paint and wallpaper only go so far.

Room service was some of the worst I've ever had.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Jonnysteinamyte:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at The Mansion at Ocean Edge. I apologize for your poor room service experience, and I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your accommodations. I would like to learn more about you experience. I sent you an email directly to follow up, and I look forward to speaking with you. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

I will start from the arrival experience and almost the lost of my luggage to the subsequent two days at this location. Granted I was assigned a room because it was a business meeting, but once we arrived at our villa, which by the way can only be reached with transportation and not walking, we were immediately surprised at the poor condition in which we found the villa. Seemed as though it had not been used for some time, therefore, the mildew smell was incredible. We

We would only go to the room to spend the night, and nothing else, we had a constant headache from the bad condition of the air system that had not been maintained for some time.

Showers and floor time were old looking an in need of repairs, Transportation had to be arranged to get anywhere, otherwise, you stood at your shuttle pickup for as long as 30 minutes.

Food at the so called mansion was pathetic at best, service from inexperience European kids was horrible, they forget to bring you water or once they took the order from you, took a long time to get there, with the food arriving cold and not tasting very good.

I think Cape Cod has a reputation as being one of the prime vacation spots on the US, but sincerely speaking, I would not consider going to this place again.

Room tip: If you stay in a Villa, ask to see the rooms before you get there, because they are not going to listen to you at the front desk
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank GermanF150
RickSchatz, Manager at The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Dear German F150:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at The Villages at Ocean Edge. I have tried to contact you personally so that I may learn more about your stay. I hope we get the chance to speak. I apologize for the housekeeping oversights in your accommodations, the air conditioner, and your poor experience at Ocean Terrace. The shuttle runs on a loop, which usually takes about 15 minutes, so I apologize for the long wait time. Thank you again for your feedback, as it is always welcomed. I look forward to hearing from you.

Rick.Schatz@oceanedge.com

Reviewed 22 September 2018

Beautiful grounds and great service. We stayed in one of the rooms near the main mansion and had a very comfortable 4 days of mini vacation. The staff were very polite and attentive. The room and every part of the property were very clean and well kept. Breakfasts were delicious with many selections.

Room tip: Try to get a second floor room to avoid hearing people above you walking around and making other noise.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RickSchatz, Manager at The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear Alfred L:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at The Mansion at Ocean Edge. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your accommodations, breakfast at Ocean Terrace, and found our staff so friendly and helpful. We look forward to welcoming you back for future stays. Thank you again for your kind feedback.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

I was double billed for my stay. I booked through Orbitz but was charged again at the resort without my signature or knowledge. Despite more than 6 hours of my personal time and many emails over 3 days, Ocean Edge refuses to issue the accurate credit.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 803ww
RickSchatz, Manager at The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

W W
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to look into your billing inquire. After researching your stay we have determined that you have been billed correctly. Your initial reservation was booked and paid by Orbitz for 2 nights. You extended your reservation for another night at the front desk and you were correctly charged for that third night. Should you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly by private message.