All reviewsocean edgebeach barprivate beachthe pubwest wingcape codsean sullivanbeach staffterrace restaurantindoor pooltennis courtsraw barcocktail hourwedding coordinatorfamily vacationfront lawnbay pines
Reviewed 14 May 2018

My adventure to the Ocean's Edge Resort all started when I won a raffle through Long's Jeweler's at a wedding event they were having in their Burlington, MA store. My sales person took me from raffle to raffle and had me fill out an entry for each one.

A couple of weeks later, I received a call that I had won the certificate for a 2 night stay at the resort. I couldn't believe it!

Time passed and then work got busy so I forgot to book my weekend and wasn't really going to follow up on it BUT I decided to call in February anyway and reservations told me I was not too late to use the certificate. They booked me for the dates that I was thinking that there was NO WAY I would be able to get. And then they finished the conversation with, "Don't forget to bring your certificate when you arrive."

When packing up the car, I realized I forgot the certificate and tore the house up looking for it. No luck. I panicked. Not sure what happened to it. I called reservations and spoke to Judy who fixed everything and told me to have a safe trip down to the Cape. I was truly expecting someone to tell me that they couldn't help me without the certificate. *SHOCKED*

Upon arrival, the front desk team was awesome. The room (#233) was super nice and very clean. Breakfast both mornings was great and the service all around was on-point! I can't imagine how crazy the resort is during busy season but I can see why.

I still can't believe we won the raffle and SO thrilled that we went! Thank You again to Judy and the folks there for making my much needed weekend get-a-way so awsome!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
RickSchatz, Manager at The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at The Mansion at Ocean Edge, and congratulations on winning the raffle drawing! I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your accommodations, breakfast, and the level of service that our team provided. I hope you get the chance to return and experience the resort in the summer months when all the entire resort is in full swing. Thank you again for your feedback.

Rick Schatz

Reviewed 4 May 2018

This place is beautiful! I was so impressed with the wonderful bay beach and large indoor pool, which my kids loved. However, if traveling with older family members, please be aware that there is a lot of walking involved! To get to our hotel room from the parking area, to the beach, to the hotel restaurants......involved lots of walking up stairs, which can be difficult for older people. Also, the hotel reception and restaurants are in the historic mansion, not the guest rooms. The rooms were lovely and very clean, but we thought we were staying in the "mansion" and found the hotel rooms themselves to be rather ordinary. Just something to be aware of. I'd return to this hotel, but probably not with my elderly parents.

Room Tip: Stay on the mansion side so you can walk to the beach. The Villages will require a shuttle ride.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
RickSchatz, Manager at The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at The Mansion at Ocean Edge. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our private beach, the pools, and your accommodations. Our 429 acre has a lot to offer and does involve a bit of walking at times. I apologize that this was an issue for your parents. I also apologize if you were led to believe that your accommodations would be in the Mansion. All guest rooms at The Mansion at Ocean Edge are located in our Guest Wings. Despite these setbacks, I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time at our Resort and on Cape Cod. We look forward to welcoming you and you family back for future stays. Thank you again for your feedback.

Rick Schatz,

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

We love Ocean Edge and have been coming here for years, mostly in August. The property is beautiful, even when the flowers aren’t yet in bloom. The Brewster Flats are so fun to walk and just pure nirvana to take in. They are easily accessed from the Mansion Side of Ocean Edge.

Liz at the front desk is lovely and dedicated to creating as wonderful an experience for guests as possible. Jordan is also very hospitable and accommodating.

The property is in need of some sprucing up, such as the carpeting and wallpaper in the hallways and stairwells. A few more parking spaces would also be nice, especially during busy weekends when the parking spaces are also used by non guests dining at the restaurant ( which is lovely!).

A stay at Ocean Edge/mansion property is truly a treat!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank yogadr
RickSchatz, Manager at The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at The Mansion at Ocean Edge. I am so pleased to hear how much you have enjoyed vacationing at our resort over the years, from our private beach to dining on Ocean Terrace. Liz and Jordan are valued members of our team, and I will be sure to pass along your kind words. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back for years to come.

Rick Schatz,

Reviewed 9 March 2018

We went to the Oceanedge resort during April school break. They had lots of activities for the kids like archery, tennis, games on the lawn. Some activities like golf and tennis are an extra cost. The kids had a lot of fun but the staff could have planned better for this "event" week. The make-your-own cupcakes were completely gone after 20 minutes (and it was an hour event), so we showed up with excited kids but had to leave disappointed. The campfire on the beach with smores was fun. The location is great because there are plenty of things to do within a reasonable distance - we even went to P-Town for a few hours one day. Most of the staff were very pleasant. The breakfast buffet had good quality food and many selections to please everyone. The room was pricey for what it was - we paid extra for a junior suite that wasn't spacious at all (the pictures make it look much larger) that had a view of the parking lot . Overall, giving the kids a memorable experience was worth it. Would probably return.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank AnneAdrift
RickSchatz, Resort Manager at The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at The Mansion at Ocean Edge. I am pleased to hear you and your children enjoyed April School Vacation week. I apologize that we ran out of cupcakes by the time you arrived, and that your room was not as spacious as you were expecting. The s’mores beach fires are a guest favorite, and I hope you get the chance to join us in the summer when we host them every Thursday. Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back for future stays.

Rick Schatz

Reviewed 25 February 2018

I organized a work retreat here the second week in January. Needless to say, we pretty much had the place to ourselves, and it was delightful and unique. We used multiple meeting rooms in the mansion -- there are four on the second floor, and had breakfast and lunch on the first floor. The guest rooms were in the buildings right next door. The catering menus are geared toward the summer, but after I asked for some seasonally appropriate selections the chef and his staff did a great job. The food was terrific and all dietary restrictions were carefully respected. Olivia, our catering rep, was excellent to work with and had infinite patience. She checked in on us several times a day. (She even made some copies for me, which was nice, because the computers in the business center weren't working well. That was a disappointment.) The mansion is very old, which for us, was a big part of the charm but I can see why some reviewers said it looked "tired." I was worried because of our extensive AV needs, but the on-site AV company was well-prepared and very responsive (thank you, Dave!). The first night we had dinner in the pub, and more people than I had expected showed up. The staff was great -- they just rolled with it and helped me strategize the ideal table configuration. Jeff, in particular, couldn't have been more gracious. He really went above and beyond. We had dinner the second night in one of the rooms upstairs. This was also nice. My guest room was really nice and the catering and sales staff had left a welcome tray for me because they knew I was frazzled. At one point a group of us asked about walking down to the beach (the water was frozen!) and they offered a van right away for those who didn't want to walk. The staff couldn't have been more eager to help in every way. I want to particularly thank Dana Cox, who was able to make things work for my budget and the unique nature of our retreat. If you have a group of people who prefer quirky over corporate, I'd highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
BryanWebb, Vice President of Sales at The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay and retreat at The Mansion at Ocean Edge. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your accommodations, experience working with Dana, Olivia and Dave. I will be sure to pass along your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you and your team back for future retreats. Thank you again for your feedback.

Bryan Webb