“Always Dependable”

Maria's Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 145 Restaurants in Braintree
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Reviewed 8 April 2018

We went for lunch yesterday......and I had their always fresh Haddock/Swordfish combination......which included a nice salad.....

A generous 1/2 carafe of Pino Grigio completed a nice meal.
Always a very dependable friendly restaurant.....a bit dated....but I have never ever had one negative thing to say about it.
The bread is always served fresh and warm
If you ever give it a try....you will be back.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

I can't believe all of the 5 star reviews of this place - this food was awful! Bland and under seasoned. I ordered chicken marsala with ziti - clearly no salt was added to the pasta water - a rookie mistake. Also, where was the marsala - i got a watery broth of some sort with the chicken tough and under seasoned. I imagined it would be flavorful and slightly thicker to cling to the chicken and ziti. My sister's eggplant parm was equally underwhelming. This place was a "one and done" for me - a total waste of calories.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Stopped by for lunch. Menu is very extensive, almost too much to choose from. Service was very good. Food was all good but not outstanding. Portions were very large - you definitely won’t leave hungry. Parking was a little challenging

Reviewed 13 February 2018

The main meals (lasagna and veal saltimbocca) were overcooked and drowned in cheese. Clearly bad food although, as many reviews state, there is a lot of it.
Dessert was excellent but not made in house.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

By far the worst restaurant I have ever had the displeasure to eat at. I read the reviews and I am shocked to see that they actually state this is “food”. Over cooked, burnt with no taste. Veal parmigiana is not veal I am not sure what type of meat it is. I see that the reviews are based on the large portions. Wow I always thought eating a dinner was to enjoy it not carry out the remains in a “doggie” bag. As a matter of fact this describes the food to a tee. Restaurant has been around for years. I guess people will eat anything when it is cheap dollars. Not me or anyone who enjoys a well prepared meal or good service do not go to this restaurant.