“Over priced and mediocre ”

Campanale's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Campanale's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 144 Restaurants in Braintree
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

For a well recommended restaurant the food was the very plain Jane and over rated. Could not believe the pasta was over cooked. They sent out chicken when I requested veal. The bottle of white wine we ordered was luke warm, at best. How can they call themselves an Italian restaurant? I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone..Get Better!

Reviewed 3 December 2016

Food was average. Service was slow. Ordered a bottle of the recommended wine and asked to take the remainder home, which all other restaurants in Massachusetts do. Was told they couldn't do it. The waiter grabbed the bottle and took it to the bar. Guessing they will use it tonight. Will not return

1  Thank DBrown2525
Reviewed 12 November 2016

Even though this restaurant has been around for years I do believe it is a Braintree hidden gem. I had been to Campanale's many years ago but had not been back in quite some time due to living out of the area. I remembered it being very good years back. I have recently visited twice in the past month. On one recent visit I dined with a large group. Everybody was very pleased with meals and service. Revisited today. I selected an entree of chicken Parmesan. For an extra dollar I got an eggplant addition. Both chicken Parmesan and the side of eggplant Parm were very good. Came with choice of pasta. Large portion allowed me some leftover for tomorrow. Server was very pleasant and efficient. Will definitely go back.

1  Thank bettyjean1
Reviewed 15 October 2016

Fantastic Italian food rivaling any North End restaurant! Great friendly service, large portions and fresh ingredients. Not to be missed!

Reviewed 10 October 2016

Not the most elegant place but food is surprisingly good. Great Italian specialities. Nice staff. Lots of choice. We will return.