“Hidden Gem”

Campanale's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Campanale's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 146 Restaurants in Braintree
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 November 2016

Even though this restaurant has been around for years I do believe it is a Braintree hidden gem. I had been to Campanale's many years ago but had not been back in quite some time due to living out of the area. I remembered it being very good years back. I have recently visited twice in the past month. On one recent visit I dined with a large group. Everybody was very pleased with meals and service. Revisited today. I selected an entree of chicken Parmesan. For an extra dollar I got an eggplant addition. Both chicken Parmesan and the side of eggplant Parm were very good. Came with choice of pasta. Large portion allowed me some leftover for tomorrow. Server was very pleasant and efficient. Will definitely go back.

1  Thank bettyjean1

Reviewed 15 October 2016

Fantastic Italian food rivaling any North End restaurant! Great friendly service, large portions and fresh ingredients. Not to be missed!

Reviewed 10 October 2016

Not the most elegant place but food is surprisingly good. Great Italian specialities. Nice staff. Lots of choice. We will return.

Reviewed 5 October 2016

we went here last night for dinner with a GROUPON. Both od us had been here before but not for some time.
Upon entering the restaurant there was an unpleasant odor. We stood at the hostess station and 3 servers walked by us without acknowledgement. Finally one said hello and we were seated.
After a bit of a wait our server came by and we ordered drinks. They came after a wait. We ordered dinner and she came by to check because I ordered spaghetti and she thought penne. My husband had veal parmagiana with penne and I had chicken verdiccio with spaghetti. His meal was fine. Mine was almost inedible. The server brought white bread that was scali bread but clearly of poor quality with a very unpleasant garlic spread. The chicken verdiccio was in a gluey sauce that was not at all a wine or lemon base. The chicken was chicken tenders rather than breast meat and the artichokes were overcooked. The spaghetti was very overcooked and mushy. The server brought our wine half way through the meal and never asked how our meals were. I left most of my meal and she asked did I want to wrap it and when I responded no she did not think to ask any further. This was a very disappointing meal and I will never return.

1  Thank Marilyn S
Reviewed 20 July 2016

Campanale's has now become out "go to" Italian restaurant. Great food, large portions and a very friendly staff make going here a joy. We always use a Groupon so the price is even better. There is no parking lot but there is plenty of parking in the surrounding area.

1  Thank bluesplayer22