“Lovely birthday dinner”

Davios Northern Italian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Davios Northern Italian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 146 Restaurants in Braintree
Price range: US$20 - US$60
Description: The perfect stage for Davio’s signature Northern Italian steaks, veal chops and handmade pasta creations. Davio's pairs a state-of-the-art kitchen and exceptional restaurant design in Braintree with a warm, inviting place to dine. Come join us for exceptional food, drinks and service provided by a professional staff. Davio's signature Northern Italian Brandt Beef steaks, handmade pastas and authentic pizzas combine to create a dining experience that is unforgettable. Attention to detail and attentiveness to your needs is evident in everything we do.
Reviewed 18 April 2018

Made a reservation for 2 for my birthday dinner. We were seated right away in the center of the room, at a table for 4 so there was plenty of room. It was a bit confusing at the start, we weren’t sure just who was waiting on us. The first women offered us water, then a young man introduced himself as our waiter, then another woman asked if we had been offered bread or drinks. We said “No”. This woman brought us popovers and our drinks. Then the young man came to take our dinner orders. Finally, things settled down.

Our cocktails were very good. The popovers were absolutely delicious. At some point during the meal they were whisked off the table. I didn’t see them go, I was sorry. I chose the crispy chicken livers for an appetizer. It isn’t the prettiest dish but definitely great. My husband was very happy with his sweet corn soup. I had the cod with crab risotto, hubby had the grilled pork chop, both were excellent. I had the cannoli on fresh fruit, a perfect ending to a lovely meal.

The wine selection is good and varied and pricy but so is the menu. This is a place for a special dinner for us, not a spot we would stop in after a trip to the mall unless for just a drink and apps at the bar. Tablecloths were on the tables but the place had a full range of ages and attire. Most anyone would feel comfortable here - as long as in their price range.

Tania H, Director of Special Projects at Davios Northern Italian Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Thank you for your review of Davio's Braintree. We are glad you enjoyed the food and service on for your birthday dinner and we hope to see you again soon.
Happy Birthday!

Reviewed 8 April 2018

What a surprise of a gem tucked in a mall, food was delicious, freshly prepared and flavorful, the ambiance and service is on par. Cannot rave enough about the food , from the popovers, to the appetizers and main course plus fabulous desserts, Higly recommend the meatballs appetizers, tagliatelli with Bolognese and the molten cake , Britanny our waitress was both friendly and helpful, gave us tips about Boston. Highly recommend this place

Tania H, Director of Special Projects at Davios Northern Italian Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thank you for your review of Davio's Braintree. We are glad you enjoyed the food, service (especially from Brittany) and ambiance and we appreciate you highly recommending us! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Made a reservation for 2. Wonderful table. Ordered a bottle of Nappazano Chianti. It was terrific. Had read a previous review regarding calamari, but it wasn’t on dinner menu, asked waitress if possible to get. No problem. It lived up to review I had read. My husband got the haddock special and I got the butternut stuffed ravioli with sage and brown butter sauce. Both were delicious. Loved the popover that started our meal. If you didn’t, know better, you would not know you were eating in a mall. Can,t wait to go back to try something else. Wait staff was very helpful as well.

Tania H, Director of Special Projects at Davios Northern Italian Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you Beverly for your review of Davio's Braintree. We are glad you enjoyed your dining experience with us including the wine, food and service. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

My lady friend and I stopped in at Davio's last night for a brief snack and drink after a long day. We have been to other Davio's before, but this was our first time here at this location.

The service and food were too shelf as usual.

We had both the steak and cheese as well as the chicken parm fried spring rolls and they were exceptional. We had a couple of drinks at the bar including a delicious glass of Trebbiano white from central Italy and were very happy. Our waitress and bar tender was felicia, and she made the visit very positive.

Tania H, Director of Special Projects at Davios Northern Italian Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thank you Ray for your review of Davio's Braintree. We are glad you enjoyed the food and service (especially from Felicia). We are glad you have dined with us before at other locations and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

I never take my phone out in company unless it is very necessary but I had to check onto a flight.The WiFi wasn t working.The staff went up and beyond to getting it working. My sister had Chicken Parm Spring Rolls,she said it was very good.I had an eggplant starter which was soo good.I had the Spaghetti, Manilla Clams it was the best I've ever had. Everyone was very pleased with their choices.It would be a great place for a special occasion.

Tania H, Director of Special Projects at Davios Northern Italian Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thank you janiel for your review of Davio's Braintree. We are glad you enjoyed the food and service on your recent visit and we hope to see you again soon.