All reviews fire pit one bedroom suite walk in shower living area highway side outdoor grill nice job busy highway logan express full kitchen free parking grand opening very clean hotel nice property a great stay front desk breakfast staff
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

I stay in Marriott hotels a lot for work so I always look forward to family stays and, for Christmas, my wife and I and our two young daughters stayed in this hotel while visiting family in Braintree.

This hotel is basically brand new and it is very well done. My only complaint about the room is something that I am concerned may be a new trend in Courtyard and Residence Inn properties because I have never seen it in any full-service Marriott hotels... the shower isn't fully enclosed. It is a walk-in shower which makes a nice, hot shower almost impossible because the steam escapes into the well-ventilated bathroom.

The main reason that I only gave this hotel three stars is because the staff did not seem well trained. I realize this is a new hotel but the woman at the front desk failed to recognize my Marriott Platinum Elite status and, therefore, failed to offer any upgrade. I was banking on that upgrade, which my status entitles me to, because there were four people staying in the room. Since we were running late for Christmas activities I did not bother with pushing the upgrade issue so I can't comment as to whether or not it would have been rectified.

Also, the "open shower" concept is an awful design which I fear may become the new norm in Residence Inn and Courtyard hotels so I will have to stick with the full-service properties which account for 90% of my stays anyway.

Overall, I will give this hotel another shot the next time I need to be in Braintree but if the staff isn't trained better by then, it will be my last stay.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Patrick O
Shannon S, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Thank you for your response regarding your recent stay. I do apologize you were not recognized for your Elite status. We truly appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott brand. I'm happy to hear you are willing to give us another try. Have a great new year!

Reviewed 31 December 2017

The hotel is new and the overall design is sound, even if it is somewhat oddly placed with what feels like limited parking (even more limited with the restaurant full on a Friday night). The rooms felt a little smaller than what I'm used to with a Residence Inn, but the studio was still plenty large for our family of 4. Breakfast was what I've come to expect with this brand and when traveling it's nice to have that.

There are some kinks that should probably be addressed. Some had to do with the room like wall outlets being not operational or furniture that was obviously mismatched and actually looked broken (I'm happy to send a photograph to management). The room we had faced the highway and either the windows or the walls are poorly insulated for sound and it was a lot louder than I would have expected a brand new facility to be. I had also made a mobile request for some additional items like towels and pillows, and those where nowhere to be found when we arrived.

My other issue was with the check-in process and had it not been for some amazing staff encounters after, I probably would have written this property off entirely with a much lower rating. When we were checking in it was obvious there was a very large wedding party staying at the hotel. Unfortunately we've had some negative experiences with groups and I asked politely if it would be possible to have a room that was further away from the group. "They're all over the hotel, so no," was what I was told and with that I was given my keys and told where our room was. If that was the reality of the situation I understand, but it felt like no effort was made to even check, nor was any effort made to reassure me that on the off chance we did encounter trouble to call.

It was a team member by the name of Brian (I'm pretty sure it was Brian) who just blew me away with his hospitality and friendliness, and then the others that i encountered in the morning when we had breakfast and checked out that helped fill in the gaps of what was missing and wrong.

I might stay here again, especially if we're in the area visiting friends like we were, but it probably wouldn't be the first place I would consider.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the highway and that isn't a thousand miles away from the elevator :)
Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Joysephus
Shannon S, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2018

Thank you for your thoughtful review. I appreciate the time you took to give us an honest account of your stay. New Years Eve is always a challenge. Being new we didn't know what to expect. I am so glad you mentioned Brian, he is a true gem and we appreciate him. We know the key to happy guests is to have happy employees. Being a holiday, i agree the parking situation was stressed. I do hope you will give us another try if you are in the area again. Thanks for the review, I appreciate all feedback.
Happy New Year.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

When visiting family in the area we typically stay at a nearby Marriott property. This Thanksgiving we decided to try the new Residence Inn in Braintree. While the location is convenient, (though it could use some added signage for those not familiar with the area), and it offers free parking, this hotel does have some kinks to work out (and one big one that can't be corrected). I travel a fair amount for business and I found the layout of this hotel to be "odd". For starters, the elevator is at the far right end of the hotel rather than being centrally located. That may not sound so bad, but in our case, our room was at the very opposite end of the hotel from the elevator. So to get to our room, we had to go to the far right of the hotel, luggage in tow, get the elevator, then go all the way to the other end to get to our room. I will say the lighting in the rooms is far better than many I have stayed in; the seating in the living area was not very inviting. The room itself was adequate. However, there was no ice bucket, no recycling bin, no glasses (disposable or otherwise) in the bathroom, no luggage rack, a VERY noisy heater (and remember this hotel has only been open 9 weeks). It was so noisy that we had to turn it off in order to sleep even though the bed itself was very comfortable. The breakfast offering was pretty typical of Residence Inn, not bad but nothing special. I will say that the staff was very professional and cordial, but in spite of that, I don't think we will stay here again.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for one closer to the elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Shannon S, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Hi LP,
Thank you for your thoughtful response to our new hotel. I'm glad the staff was professional and cordial, that's what I can control. To answer a few of your comments, we have fully equipped kitchens with 4 large and 4 small tumblers for glass wear. We don't put glass in the bathroom. We do have luggage racks available for our short term guests even though Residence Inn doesn't require them. If you call the desk we will bring them to you. The heater should not have been noisy! I would like to know what room you were in so we can fix it. I do agree with you the elevators are too far away. I wish they would have asked me before building the hotel and I could have pointed that as well as few other things. We take great pride in our new hotel and appreciate all feedback. If you find yourself in our area again, please feel free to reach out to me and I'll make sure we have a luggage rack and that your heater does it's business in a silent and effective manner. Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed 5 nights starting10/29.Staff was welcoming,courteous and very helpful.Rooms were very large and clean.Beds were of high quality and comfort. Breakfast was high quality as in most Marriott branded locations.Although visit was for Family emergency my stay was enjoyable and will definetly stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2017

Stayed here for one night and was very impressed. The room was clean, spacious and well appointed. The bed was comfortable and although we were on the highway side of the building there did not seem to be enough noise to keep us awake at night.
The staff was very accommodating, even providing transportation to the restaurant to which we were going. Great, friendly driver! Nice job Brian!
Breakfast was included and seemed to be more diverse than at other properties we have been to. This is a find!

Room Tip: Ask for the back of the hotel if noise from the highway will bother you.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Shannon S, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our new hotel. We did insulate the windows on the side facing the highway and they seem to work for most people. I'm so glad you mentioned Brian, our shuttle driver. He is a great employee and we are lucky to have him. We look forward to seeing you again.