“Love this place--fast, delicious, but a bit pricey”

Ginger Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 53 Restaurants in Bedford
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 16 March 2017

Frequently get take out, but dine in on occasion. Their sushi rolls are reasonable, but sushi is expensive! Can find options for non-sushi eaters as well. Always love the tempura. Nice atmosphere since the remodel, very friendly front desk.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

My husband and I came here early on a Friday night with our newborn son. The place was mostly empty when we arrived, but half way through our meal every table was full. The staff was very friendly and the sushi was very good. The clientele of the restaurant had a very friendly vibe and there were lots of families enjoying the food with their children. This was a very nice dinner experience especially since we don't get out to eat much right now with having a newborn. We would definitely come back to Ginger!

1  Thank Gerri H
Reviewed 10 February 2017

We came here for lunch last weekend. Parking was easy and we were easily able to get a table. For our party of 3, we had a salmon bento box, a deep fried pork bento box, and eel over rice. Both our bento boxes were great but the rice bowl could do with a bit more sauce to make it less dry. Still, we'll visit this place again to try their other dishes.

1  Thank Leo F
Reviewed 1 February 2017

I took my kids to Ginger a few weeks ago on a rainy Tuesday night. We were one of only 3 or 4 occupied tables in the restaurant, but the waitstaff was very friendly and attentive. I didn't know how to open the Japanese soda I had ordered, so the waitress helped me and turned it into a little lesson for the kids. Good food, more than adequate portions.

1  Thank Erin S
Reviewed 10 January 2017

My previous review was about our lunch visit. This time, its about dinner.
We had 3 variety of sushi rolls for appetizer - they were gobbled up fast! As far as I remember, they were all delicious, served somewhat warm, and they were good size. Decent dinner portion for the tempura plate, although the beef negamaki was a bit pricey considered it is served with a small bowl of rice and more fillers - boring plain noodles (unless you can have it substituted). It would have been better if it were served with some vegetables on the side. Our 2 servers were quite attentive; they saw to it that our water was replenished. The place was not that busy, perhaps half-full. My only comment this time around is they pack all the customers on one side of the restaurant (perhaps to save up on cleaning time) instead of spreading & using up all the restaurant space. Its so tight spaced and you can hear your next tables intimate conversation and 3 tables away loud conversation. The place is not that sound-proof. So if you are looking for a nice quiet dinner, this is not the place to go unless you insist on sitting far away from the crowd. Nevertheless, it is the only Japanese cuisine nearby. Food still good & decent. I highly recommend the sushi.

1  Thank minniemae