1,236 results
All reviewsdouble treecookiesvalet parkingmetro stationtwo blocksbusiness tripmovie theaterdcsilverfillmoremdconcert
Reviewed 11 June 2016

The Doubletree in Silver Spring is a typical Hilton in many respects. The rooms are functional and clean, but somewhat dated. The walls must be rather thin, I could hear people in neighboring rooms clearly. Wifi worked very well. Air-conditioning also worked well and wasn't too noisy. Breakfawst was a buffet with complementary omelet if requested. I would have liked a larger selection of bread, but I guess I am somewhat spoiled by being used to Swedish hotel breakfasts. There are two restaurants in the hotel, I tried one of them, the Savor (I think). Food was ok, but there are better restaurants just around the corner. There are several TV:s in the restaurant showing sports and news.

The positive aspect of my stay was the staff. Very friendly and helpful people that really gave me the feeling that they did whatever they could to make my stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2016

Sofa was dirty, sheets and blankets for sofa were dirty, the carpet was dirty in the room and hallways, and were fixtures broken. Room service took over 1.5 hours and got our order wrong twice. And this hotel was way overpriced. We spent $1000 for 3 nights in a one bedroom suite.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTree S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2016

Donnie,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We are constantly working on hotel improvements in all areas of our hotel. We also meet daily with all departments to see how we can better service you, our guest.

Kristyn Parker
Complex General Manager

Reviewed 10 June 2016

I stayed at this hotel for one week. Im sure I can give good some advice. Before I even stayed here. I read reviews and looked at pictures myself. I was scared to keep a booking here. At booking I called Hilton and the hotel its self to let them know I needed a early check in. When I arrived I was able to check in as I asked.
A wheel was missing from my desk chair. The sink stopper was not attached. I did call the front desk to let them know I was missing a wheel from my desk chair. They said they would send someone up. 2 hours later no one has arrived. I called the front desk again. Explained the situation. I would have to say less than 10 minutes someone was there to put a wheel on the chair. The sink I just left as is. I wasn't going to use it with the stopper anyway but even if I did not the maids should report things like this themselves to if they are cleaning the room.
Housekeeping/maids was good. I'm not a morning person. Without even putting a do not distrub sign on my door. The maid never came to my door but she would always come when I would leave. Whether she seen me come out the room or not. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I just know that when I came back my room was nice and tidy. Check out day the maid did almost walk in on me. I'm unsure why. Maybe someon new on duty. I enjoyed my comfy king size bed. I was maybe 2 doors down from the elevator I didn't really heard people getting on and off. I did hear street traffic.
The first time I had neighbors sound like teenage boys. Sound like they were just having fun. I know around quiet time they were quiet. From previous reviews I have read. I guess a lot of kids were getting out of hand with things. I guess groups had to have hall monitors all of a sudden i would always see someone standing or sitting in the hallway.Also they had door tags on their doors. I did not have time to see the fitness room or swimming pool. close to check out is when I got the experience of the silly kids on the elevator. Who wants to jump on a already full elevator. One night the speaker phone just pop on in my room I don't know what that was about. Ghost/Spirit? Valet I think is to expensive. Bell service was not offered. when I addressed it to a staff member a bell man walked in and got a cart and walked back out which left me to handling my luggage on my own. There is no ramp from the valet to the hotel elevators. The lobby looks nice. Overall I can say I had a good stay.

Stayed: June 2016
Reviewed 10 June 2016

Always a pleasure to stay at this hotel. We usually stay there about once a month. The staff always greets us as if were coming home. From the front desk to the wait staff to the valet parking they always see to our every need.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 10 June 2016

My stay at this hotel was memorable. The front office staff are wonderful and very helpful with a genuine smile on the face. Breakast too is good with a wide range. The staff at the restuarant are also very nice. The place is good no doubt. I think this is my first review in which I am writing much about the staff and they truly deserve the appreciation. Overall a nice experience and would definately go back. They helped me out with my local travel from getting the cab and the girl helped me to extend my check out by 2 hours.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business