“Excellent food, even better service”
Review of Ikko Sushi

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

My family loved all their dishes, including the beef & rice bowl, tekka don (my oldest loves tuna sushi and said this was the best he's had), a special spicy tuna and jalapeño roll (Ikko-style they call it) and yellowtail carpaccio. I actually didn't care for mine (chicken teriyaki) but only because it had mushrooms and I'm not a fan so I ate some of everyone else's and agree that the food was really good. But the reason I decided to write this review is mainly because of how nice all the wait stuff was to start and then how concerned they were when I wasn't eating the meal I had ordered. They insisted on taking 10% off the bill though I had not complained. And because my son raved about the tuna, they brought over two pieces of toro, which he also loved. Super-attentive wait staff/managers/proprietors and simply nice people. I was impressed as this is the way a restaurant or any business should be run. Reward a place like this by patronizing.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Located at the bottom of the Bennington Apartments complex.

I had the Ikko Dragon roll and Spider roll ($29.66 after taxes). One good thing was they didn't drown the rolls in sauce. However, the eel itself was a little bland and tasteless. The soft shell crab was fried okay (didn't really have the fresh fried taste). The meat wasn't as sweet as I had hoped. The portion size was fine. I was definitely full after the meal. One nice touch is that they give you a piece of watermelon and orange at the end of your meal. A lot of restaurants don't do this anymore and it was a welcomed touch.

Service was excellent and they were very attentive. There are quite a few workers there for dinner service so I would expect it as so. The decor was nice and they have outside seating.
They also have a minimum $10 charge for cc use.

Overall the food was decent and I'd like to come back to try their sashimi. I would recommend this place.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Ikko Sushi has some really original rolls as well as most of the usual ones. It's fairly small but really pleasant

Reviewed 11 May 2017

Good food , good prices , service a little slow . Food was very good , there was a new chef that night so it was a little slow but the owner was making everything run smoothly. Would recommend !! and will go back

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Ikko Sushi is a wonderful find. Despite its large menu, it seems to get it right judging by the dishes that I tasted that day. I still recall the wonderful mild yellow tail fish that was made more flavorful by the crunchy toppings and that sippable citrus sauce, the moist large mussels topped by a fiery and creamy faux crab stuffing, and the well-executed sushi rolls with the mild tasting eel and the perfectly balanced spicy tuna mix. Sometimes the success is in the simple details without overwhelming the senses with overly layered flavors that tend to mask the ingredients – their integrity is the canvas itself. This attitude was even evident in the complementary fruit consisting of a single sweet slice of orange and an equally delectable piece of cantaloupe. With such venerable approach to Japanese cooking, Nikko Sushi is definitely worth more visits on my part.