“Above average, but not the best”

Sobo's Wine Beerstro
Reserve with OpenTable
Sobo's Wine Beerstro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 225 Restaurants in Salisbury
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 23 January 2018

meal was delish, atmosphere nice, but not as quiet as it was last visit, guess we ate later than normal....7pm reservation got seated 730? The place was full, excellent wine list, so so for beer selection. Wish they had more specials to pick from.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

This was not my first time eating at Sobo’s. Previous visits were fine with me. The food though pricey for Salisbury was worth the price. My busy on December 28th was not.
When I made reservations on Open Table, I indicated it was for a birthday. We were seated and immediately our server wanted to know what we wanted to drink. We asked for a few minutes as 2 of us drink wine and we wanted to pair it with our meal selection. When the server returned 3 of us ordered. My husband ordered a Yingling. His beer was not called so he told the server. She picked up the bottle and said “you don’t think this is cold?” Wrong wrong wrong. Why be surly with a customer? She takes the beer and returns about 10 minutes later only after I asked another server where my husband’s beer was. She immediately went to check and our server appeared with the same beer and said “this is has been chilled & so has the glass. It should be fine” the four of us were incredulous that a fresh, cold beer had not been brought. It went downhill from there. Very pushy to get us to order. Food was just okay. Worst birthday experience ever.
Sobo’s has lost 4 customers.

2  Thank Linda R
lewis5111, General Manager at Sobo's Wine Beerstro, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

I would like to sincerely apologize for the experience you had recently. There is no excuse for the way you were treated. We always want our customers to be comfortable and treated with respect. If you could find the time to reach out to me I would like to speak with you personally. I am hoping I could send you a gift certificate and have you try us again. I know we can provide you with a great experience. Again,I am truly sorry and hope to hear from you soon. I can be reached at 410-219-1117.

Sincerely

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Great for lunch; dinner, not so much. Very limited dinner menu and overpriced for the region. Locally-owned restaurant with few quality dining competitors should be offering better.

2  Thank Ducosmom
lewis5111, General Manager at Sobo's Wine Beerstro, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

We appreciate your feedback. I am very sorry you didn't feel your good quality was worth the price. I am very interested in knowing what you ordered. We will definitely look into our portion sizes in the future. I hope you will give us another try soon

Sincerely

Reviewed 31 August 2017

I had the rockfish with risotto, but the amount of risotto was ridiculous - half of it did not get eaten. I would have preferred less risotto and some healthy veggies. I really could not taste the crab meat. The rockfish was well cooked, but I wondered why they had left on that strip of skin. I may try this restaurant sometime for lunch, but this was too pricey for dinner.

lewis5111, General Manager at Sobo's Wine Beerstro, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

I want to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We will look into the portion size of the risotto. We will also talk about adding some vegetables. Our goal always is to exceed our guests expectations. I hope you will try us again soon.

Lewis Sherman.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

I may sound petty but I was surprised as I expected more from the Sobo's I came to years ago. BAD - At least the cheese could've been sliced not chunked, how does a little chunk of cheese sit on a cracker? Townhouse crackers? Really? What happened to quality, not quantity? Go big or don't go at all....!
GOOD - They hit it out of the park with the Tuna stack app, husband loved it and my wine flight was a nice treat,( I will bring little post its next time so I know which red is which...)
The green bean app was a healthy and tasty treat!
Our bartender was extremely nice and helpful!
We will be back....

lewis5111, General Manager at Sobo's Wine Beerstro, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

I really appreciate your feedback in regards to the cheese on happy hour app. We are actually currently in the works of changing this selection and presentation. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the rest of your food. I hope you will visit us again soon so you can see how we have improved

Sobo's Wine Beerstro