All reviews shady grove room was clean recommend this hotel nice hotel great place to stay stay there again kids room business travel front desk staff grocery store indoor pool free parking enjoyed my stay pleasant stay shuttle service dc area metro station
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Very nice place, close to many things, great staff that are very helpful and attentive, room was great and comfortable, easy to get to nice eating places and good food. Breakfast was far better than expected and reasonable.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

We booked about five rooms for the last weekend in April for an extended family reunion in the area. All of us enjoyed the comforts of a nicely decorated newer hotel, free USA Today, complimentary water and coffee in the lobby and an easy walk to a shopping area behind the hotel that had a supermarket, Starbucks, Krispy Kreme and other moderately priced eateries.

I didn't use or see the gym or swimming pool, but it was nice to have a bar area and places to sit when we returned to the hotel after reunion activities. On Saturday night, we returned late, perhaps 11pm and the bar was already closing but the bartender was kind enough to make us a round of drinks that we then enjoyed in the lobby area for the next hour to finish catching up with family members who live across the country.

The only ding I give is one I offered in feedback to the hotel as well, which was upon checkin. The front desk person was chatting with a guest and I stood there patiently for a few minutes without being acknowledged. I would have thought the person would have stopped to acknowledge me even momentarily or tried to cut the conversation a bit shorter. We'd just driven seven hours and I had rushed in ahead of my husband and father in law to try to get our room keys as they parked the car, so we could freshen up before heading off to a reunion activity. Instead, after several minutes the front desk person acknowledged me only when I was a part of a group of three waiting for help.

Room tip: we chose a high floor, odd nunber room as suggested by other travelers
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2017

We were in for the National Law Enforcement Memorial. The hotel is on the end of the red line Metro so the trip to DC - you can avoid all the traffic and stress. It's about a 30 minute ride into town. The hotel is awesome, free parking and the price is perfect on the weekends...a little pricey during the week, which makes no sense at all. We had the breakfast bar. The best $10.00 meal you'll ever have! It was soooo good. Rooms were clean and well kept. Beds were stiff...could definitely use new mattresses, but the sleep was very good. The mattresses were not as bad as I initially thought they would be.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2017

I stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Rockville MD when I visit my home office for work. It is clean, the employees are professional, welcoming and competent. The accommodations are as comfortable as home!

Reviewed 11 May 2017

If you prefer professionalism for a Hotel stay, well Hilton Garden Inn is your place. All the staff are amazingly good and efficient at their jobs. The appearance of the Hotel is evidence of that. If you prefer professionalism for a Hotel stay, well Hilton Garden Inn is your place. All the staff are amazingly good and efficient at their jobs. The appearance of the Hotel is evidence of that.