“Worse Radisson Ever”

Radisson Hotel Washington D.C. - Rockville
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 August 2017

A. The pool is out in the parking lot. One has to walk 50-75 feet from the hotel over the asphalt pavement.

B. No complimentary breakfast like other Radisson Hotels. If you order breakfast, the service is terrible.

C. Security is non existent. Caught the Front Desk employee sleeping in the Business Center.

D. I tried to use the computer printer in the Business Center. The printer was out of toner. The Front Desk employee said I had to wait until the Maintenance Person came on duty.

E. This property needs a managerial shake up.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
1  Thank Darwin S
CarlsonRezidor, Customer Care at Radisson Hotel Washington D.C. - Rockville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We take all precautions for our guests comfort and safety. On the other hand, we apologize that you were not satisfied with your stay due to the multiple issues you've encountered at that time, in particular, accessibility of the pool, the breakfast, the service you received from our staff and the condition of the facilities. This is certainly not the kind of experience we would like for our valued guests to have. Your feedback is appreciated as it assists us in our continuous goal of improving our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

All the rooms and suites we rented were clean and comfortable. Shuttle to metro great. Food fantastic. And front desk friendly and helpful. Thanks for a wonderful place to relax. Easy access to places we wanted to go.

Room Tip: Request want you need.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
A P, Manager at Radisson Hotel Washington D.C. - Rockville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your 5-star review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hospitality- we look forward to welcoming you both back, soon.

Best,

Amit P.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Let me start on the good note, 1st night no complains. Checked in was fine, and nice lounge area. My 2nd night, returned to the hotel after 12 midnight, try my key not working so went down to reactive it, the attendant said ohh sometimes when its by your phone it deactivate. We went back up and try both key still red light and not opening. We went back down again, it's late we are sleepy and just wanted to get in our room. The attendant saw us again and joked ohh maybe someone is in your room to surprise you. We are like no one should be in our room, so don't care for any surprises. She called for security to go up with us. His key didn't work, so he had us stay at the door while he goes back down. Finally the master key opens the door, let us in our room with no key, was checking out in the morning so didn't worry about having a key. We got ready for bed and went to sleep, I woke up around 7:30am to use the bathroom, notice the body wash I left in the shower was sitting on the counter, seemed odd but thought my sister maybe moved it to make sure we didn't forget it. In the morning around 10am finally woke, my sister said you didn't hear the alarm or me moving around, found that to be odd, because I would normally wake up. So I ask her if she moved the body wash she was like NO. I am like WHATttt if you didn't move it who did? The doors was locked? I began to look around the room. The pictures over the bed was not welcoming, sketches of women face on a brown background. I have stayed in other hotels most don't have pictures over the bed, and pictures are normally of flowers, scenery, landscape, etc. I would suggest updating those pictures. I was playing gospel music the morning before I left and after I left my phone suddenly not responding to touch, its an iphone 6. Sat back and was thinking about things, I don't care to go back to the hotel too spooky. We packed up and I notified the lady that the lock is messed up.

I called two days after my stay to see if they can give something I was told that the manager was on vacation. The guy I spoke too said that someone had the same problem with the same room and that I sound like the lady and he already gave her a complimentary breakfast. I checked out on Sunday morning how can I get breakfast. Then I was placed on whole, he came back oh we can offer you 20% off your next stay. That does nothing for me as I don't plan to stay again. You booked with a third party so we can't do nothing else, I suggest working on something.
Spooky room 369
It's a non-smoking room, but I saw a cigarette butt in the closet.

No refrigerator or microwaves in the room and you have to drive to places to eat or try what they have at the hotel.

1  Thank Ruth L
A P, Manager at Radisson Hotel Washington D.C. - Rockville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear Ruth,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor. We apologize for any inconvenience experienced during your stay. We are sincerely concerned when situations like these occur, and would like to investigate further. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional information about your stay.

Best,