“Deelish! Intimate restaurant brings refreshing dinner menu w/great service!”
Review of The Kitchen at Rock Hall - CLOSED

The Kitchen at Rock Hall
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
“Deelish! Intimate restaurant brings refreshing dinner menu w/great service!”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We had the crab dip, rockfish & shrimp, and cannelloni; everything was delicious and tasted very fresh. The service was friendly and prompt as well. We heard some complaints about portion size but I couldn't finish my cannelloni after the crab dip started and house salad. Also, I'd say it's nice to have a quality truly 1-person sized portion that saves room for both appetizer and entree.

Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just average”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We visited the The Kitchen for a lunch meal...it was recommended by the staff at our B and B, but we were very disappointed. Visit it if you want to support a local business but don't expect anything special. They were out of a bunch of menu items, foods were served very plain with no garnish (for example, my boyfriend had a bowl of soup, which was served all but itself, no parsley garnish, not even a packet of crackers or slice of bread)...when one of the staff came out to clarify how I wanted my grilled cheese made (which was nice that they wanted to make sure they made it right) I was appalled to see how dirty his hands were! I work in food service so things like this jump out at me, so you may not be bothered...the rest of the cafe was clean and cozy.

• Visited December 2011
Wayne, Pennsylvania
“Finally a worthwhile stop in Rock Hall”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Really happy to have a better restaurant in town. Great value. Friendly staff (and chef / owner). Will absolutely be back. Highly recommended.

Coatesville, PA
“Fantastic Food, Fantastic Staff”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Was lucky enough during Christmas week to have lunch at The Kitchen and also dinner on New Year's Eve. Steve and Monica, the owners, went out of their way to accomodate my special requests being a Celiac. The food, presentation and atmosphere are really special - like having dinner in their home. Why they are called the kitchen. From appetizers to main dishes and desserts are wonderful. When you are in Rock Hall don't miss this excellent restaurant.

Maggie & Frank Scarpone

• Visited December 2011
Rock Hall, Maryland
“Awesome!!!”
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Excellent food and atmosphere! Don't miss out on their wine. Will go back again, again and again!

Visited November 2011