All reviews continental breakfast comfortable bed small pool quiet place outer banks second floor motel deal folks
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Room was very clean not a lot of people hotel is off to itself so not a lot of traffic, pool was clear and clean, No healthy choices for breakfast. The lady that cleaned our room had a very nasty attitude because she had to strip sheets off the bed other than that the stay was excellent.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Reception area was very dark and staff not very friendly. Felt a little like the place might have clientelle on extended stays. Though it looked like the place has had some superficial improvements, the room had that weird baby powder like smell, the bathroom and kitchenette had moldy edges and unstuck tiling, and there were lots of flies in the room and outside.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2017

We wanted a non-smoking room, but room was clearly a smoking room because there was even an ashtray in the room. My eyes were burning all night. Smelled absolutely horrible like cigarette smoke. Spilled a small bit of water on the laminate floor, and when we wiped it up with a white washcloth the cloth was filthy, dark and dirty. My socks were filthy dirty on the bottom from walking from walking around the room, maybe 30 steps total. Super gross, but had no other choices that night as we arrived late. We immediately went and booked a room at another place for the next night, so we wouldn't have to spend another night at the Econo Lodge in Princess Anne Maryland.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2017

A one-night business trip brought me to Princess Anne. Unfamiliar with the area, I booked a stay here because it was very close to where I needed to be for work the next day. I thought it was fine and got basically what I expected for the price I paid. I arrived late at night and had to ring the doorbell and wake up the desk clerk (the owner, presumably) who was literally wearing his pajamas. So that was kind of a bizarre start, but after that everything was fine. The outside of the motel looks a little run down but the room looked like it had been renovated fairly recently. There were some things that remind you that you are in a budget motel: the shower curtain rod had obviously been re-hung and nobody bothered to patch and repaint the spot where it had been hanging originally, the grout around the tub was dingy, the curtains didn't quite meet perfectly so light got into the room. But the bed was comfortable, they had all of the cable TV channels you would expect in a hotel room, the heating unit worked fine, and everything seemed clean. For $70 a night, that's all I really expect. The complimentary breakfast is acceptable, too.

However, the next day when I got to my meetings and mentioned that I'd stayed at the Econo Lodge, the local at the meeting was horrified. She was like, "Oh my gosh, you stayed at the one here? In Princess Anne? I wish you had asked me ahead of time, I would have sent you somewhere better. Didn't you get the impression that it's, like, an hourly rate place?" So, clearly the locals think it's shady. For what it's worth, she recommended staying in Fruitland, which is only 15 minutes or so from Princess Anne and does seem to have a few restaurant options, a Walmart, etc., which is more than can be said for Princess Anne.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank HotTamale11
Reviewed 29 August 2016

Because there are only 2 hotels in the princess anne area close to UMES, this is by far the best of the 2. The lady at the front desk is always very friendly and accommodating to ones needs. The continential breakfast is ok something to get you through until you get a meal. The rooms have always been neat & clean.

Date of stay: August 2016