“Decent place for the price”
Review of Econo Lodge

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Princess Anne
Reviewed 8 July 2015

We needed a place to stay while driving to Virginia Beach from NJ and ended up staying here for a night. We booked last minute and considering it was July 3rd, we got a pretty decent deal as we paid $120 for 1 night. Everything else in the general area was way higher. For the price, we felt it was pretty decent.

The room was clean, WiFi was pretty fast and TV had lots of channels. The breakfast in the morning had less options but was okay for quick getaway in morning- cereal, waffles, bagels and bread.

There is a pool also and though we did not use it, could see a lot of kids having fun in the water.

Room Tip: Some rooms have Hot tubs - try to get those rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neelay T

Reviewed 5 July 2015 via mobile

The room was clean the service wasn't bad. But the cost wasn't what was quoted. When I called and reserved the room I was quoted a price of $119 for two people. When I got there they charged me $129. When I said that was not what I was quoted the clerk said she would let management know. They also charged me an 11% sales tax. When I questioned that they said that's what Maryland charges. When I looked on line Maryland sales tax is 6%. Not sure why the charge of the double tax. The room was not worth the overcharges.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2015 via mobile

This motel has many poor reviews here, but having been renovated, that is uncalled for. This motel is very nice and clean. The pool looks fantastic (didn't have time to try it). The rooms we stayed in was big and clean. The bed very comfortable.
We paid 77$ with breakfast for 1, night. The breakfast served was the usual served in motels and inns: regular supermarked foods, not interesting to eat. (I'm not a continental breakfast person)

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mettenel
Reviewed 31 May 2015 via mobile

Rude staff, bugs in room, bad smell, cigarette burn in covers.... What more can I say? I was so glad to get out of this place! We are often at the mercy of choosing between very few dog-friendly hotels so we are used to less than perfect rooms but this was downright gross. Outside was littered with old toilets, destroyed hotel furniture, a refrigerator and lots more junk. The pool was so dirty we could not use it and the pool deck was covered in bird poop. There were multiple dirty mops leaning on the pool fence to dry. I could go on, but suffice it to say that you might just want to avoid this place.

Stayed: May 2015
Reviewed 26 April 2015

I don't know when this facility was built, but the architecture has an early 1960s feel to it, complete with individual HVAC units under the front windows of each room. My room was clean, the bed was quite comfortable, and the flat-screen was far better than acceptable. It's located at the south end of town, away from most of the noise and traffic. The facility and the staff far exceeded my expectations --- I even got a big smile out of Mr. Patel!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
4.2 km away
The Henson
The Henson
#4 of 4 in Princess Anne

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!