“Solid Food with a View”

Mike's Crab House North
Ranked #15 of 110 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mike's Crab House in Riva, MD (http://www.mikescrabhouse.com/ ) has just opened a new restaurant in Pasadena (previously Windows on the Bay). They remodeled totally and have opened with many locals trying them out the past few weeks although I don't think they have yet to have the grand opening.
Reviewed 2 July 2017

We sailed in for an early lunch on the weekend kicking off the 4th of July. Having read about crowds, we wanted to be early, and we were not disappointed! Quick service, lots of seating! We had the grilled Yellowfin Tuna sandwich and fried shrimp - both excellent! Salad bar is basic but complete and fresh and delicious and comes included in full entrees such as the shrimp. We saw others doing oysters and crabs, and the portions looked generous. Our server was a delight and I regret not catching her name. You can sit in or out, and they have a live band starting mid-afternoon on the weekends. The marina (White Rocks) is huge, and you are free to tie up at the ends of A, B, or C docks, the three that are first to be found on entering from the Patapsco. Unfortunately, the marina doesn't monitor a marine frequency, so look up their phone, but you can just 'up and dock' no hassle; tie-off wasn't overly impressive, and the marina should invest in a few more cleats, but it worked and of course there were friendly boaters to help with a line. We'll definitely keep this on our list of places to head with visiting friends and family (even though it took us over an hour to motor what would have been a 15 minute drive by car :-) . Looked like lots of parking, so land lubbers are also welcome.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

We went to Mike's for Father's Day and were basically happy although there were a couple problems.
I ordered their homemade crab soup which I found a bit disapointing..The soup while it would have made a nice vegetable soup was missing the Old Bay to actually make it a good crap soup..It was basically bland...it did have plenty of veggies and crab meat just not the proper spicing..
My wife and son enjoyed their crab cakes but my softcrab sandwich was kind of lacking..the legs and claws were over battered and had a bad taste ..once you got into the full body of the crab it was pretty good.
the french fries were very good..

Reviewed 19 June 2017

My party of three including myself dined on Father's Day. We went early, as soon as it opened, to avoid the normal rush. We elected to eat inside, rather than on the large covered deck which apparently is popular with crab eaters and party people. Service was friendly and attentive. All three of us had dinners, which came with coleslaw or the salad bar and French fries or baked potato. We started with crab soup; I had the red crab and another had cream of crab. I was very disappointed in this classic Maryland soup, that was lacking in both crab and flavor. I added salt and pepper without much better result, and looked in vain for the Old Bay seasoning. Doubtless the server might have brought some had I asked. The salad bar is very small but has premium ingredients, including a killer red potato salad. Choice of dressings on the bar was quite limited, although a variety of dressings were listed on the menu with a salad entree. My Bay oysters were perfectly fried and were served, strangely to me, on a piece of toast. My partners enjoyed their stuffed flounder and seared tuna. The fries were a welcome surprise in that they were a generous portion of battered and seasoned steak fries. The limp, small baked potato paled by comparison. We did not order drinks or dessert. There is a children's menu.

This restaurant is pleasant by the water and obviously is a local watering hole. Many people had come for picking crabs and that seemingly is a large part of the business, hence the name of the restaurant. I don't know how they were seasoned since there was no Old Bay in evidence. Our entrees were in the low $20 range. I would come here again for the fresh seafood, but would want to be careful about picking a non-busy time.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Went to "Mikes" for Fathers Day to enjoy some "Crabs" overlooking Rock Creek. There was a live band playing music from the "70's", and there was a good vibe on the outdoor deck.
The crabs were steamed perfectly, and the "Shrimp Jammers" were pretty darn good as well.
The service was pretty good considering it was Fathers Day, and the price for the crabs was reasonable.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

We just like going to different places on the water for dinner. This was close. It was Sunday and the place was crowded but we were seated after just a 15 minute wait. I had the combination seafood platter and my husband had stuffed flounder. We both enjoyed our dinner. The salad bar was on the slim side as far as variety but it was kept refreshed. My orange crush was nice and strong. A little loud but it's summer with beer flowing and the crabs kept coming for those who like to pick crabs. Our server gave us just the right amount of attention. We will return.

Been to Mike's Crab House North? Share your experiences!