All reviews free breakfast nice sitting area felt like home wet bar living room area family event business hotel mini fridge late checkout quiet location room was clean enjoyed my stay great place to stay nice hotel will stay there again business trip off the highway
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Given that it wasn't in a particularly interesting location, the price felt high for what it was. I've stayed in hotels for prices more like half of this that seemed equivalent. It was clean, and the breakfast was nice. But the AC was super loud and the temperature varied probably 10-15 degrees, so at night I kept waking up hot and then cold. The staff was nice but somewhat incompetent. The pool was open extremely limited hours.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Space and breakfast! A power combination that made our stay very comfortable. I traveled with my husband and toddler to visit family and we opted to stay at Hyatt because of proximity to my family and also so we have our own place to stay. My husband worked remote so the desk worked well for him, my toddler enjoyed playing near the couch/pullout, and the mini wet bar helped with bottle washing and keeping my toddler's food. This worked well as a home away from home and the breakfast was icing on the cake- we really enjoyed that there was always eggs and meat, and the coffee was constantly getting refreshed. I really appreciated the staff's friendliness too.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Krizelda
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

I’m giving this one star, because I cannot submit the review with zero stars. We are in town for a family wedding and booked this hotel, as it was recommended by the bride and groom. I’ve never experienced such lazy customer service. While the young lady who checked us in at the front desk was extremely professional and sweet initially, her manager was berating her over the phone, and she was nearly speechless in tears. Additionally, when we came home from the wedding, we called the front desk from our room phone three separate times to order food from the hotel’s “Late Night Menu.” The front desk didn’t answer any of our phone calls until we called from our personal cell phones. When we said that we wanted to order room service, we were welcomed with an extremely rude, “we don’t have room service.” After we addressed the 11pm-7am menu that was advertised in each room, we were told, “well you can order somethin, but you gone have to come pick it up from the front desk, because we aren’t going to deliver it to you.” I said that that was perfectly fine, and I placed my order. The man then said that they didn’t have any chicken thawed, although FIVE of the six items on their menu has chicken on it. Come to find out, the man that I was speaking with was the “supervisor,” Kenyon. Literally the rudest, laziest excuse of a supervisor that I’ve ever had the displeasure of speaking with.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank csl111892
KenyonH15, Front Desk Supervisor/ Lead at Hyatt Place Baltimore/Owings Mills, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Greetings csl111892,

I'd like to sincerely apologize if I came off as rude, as that was not much intention. Though this is not an excuse by any means, it had been an extremely busy day with multiple wedding groups and nearing the end of my shift. So, I do apologize if sounded dry and unenthusiastic. I'd like to offer some sort remedy for your troubles during your stay, please feel free to reach me at kenyon.heath@hyatt.com

All the best,

Kenyon Heath
Front Desk Supervisor/ Lead
Hyatt Place Owings Mills

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Our son is a Freshman at a nearby college and we were there just for the overnight. This was our second stay here, first was back in January. Pros: nice sitting area to relax and spread out, work desk, mini fridge, two doubles and a pullout for flexible sleeping arrangements when traveling with older children, bar in lobby and free breakfast. Helpful front desk to loan a needed item and extend checkout by an hour. Cons: first visit phone and tv didn’t work (tech came up, couldn’t fix so we switched rooms), recent visit phone didn’t work again but we didn’t realize until late and didn’t feel like getting dressed to go down and tell desk. Pool hours- not open until 5pm?! Closes at 10 which is understood but closed all day?! Breakfast choices are a little odd. Eggs are an odd texture.
Overall a value but some improvements could be made.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2018

If you can manage to stay somewhere else in the same vicinity I would do so. If this Hyatt loses the young lady at the front desk who checked me in and corrected the major screw up with my reservation, then they are bound to fail. She was the only competent person I interacted with in 24 hour period. The night staff is not helpful, so don't try to call down to the front desk in the evening for anything, because you will be prompted to leave a message and never get a phone call back. For those checking in from 8pm onward and you just want to crash and have something small or lite to eat, think again, because their very limited, late night bites menu (and 8pm is not all that late), is not freshly prepared food, lacking ingredients so you may not be able to get what you would like to order and the staff prepares it at about the same level your 9 year old might prepare something. Ask for firm pillows and hopefully they have them. Overall not impressed with this particular location.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Nanine G
Kenyon H, Front Desk Supervisor/ Lead at Hyatt Place Baltimore/Owings Mills, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Nanine G,

I'm deeply sorry for the lack of customer service you received during your stay. I understand we did not meet your expectations and that is not the Hyatt standard we wish to represent. Please feel free to contact me in regards to your stay at kenyon.heath@hyatt.com. I'd like to hear exactly what went wrong and how we can better serve you on your next visit.

Best Regards,