“Please invest in new beds and real walls!”

Hampton Inn Owings Mills
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Owings Mills
Reviewed 24 January 2017

There were lots of positives: Very helpful staff, clean hotel, clean rooms, updated bathrooms, decent breakfast (which is free), convenient location for our purposes. Decor is however dated.

But, my family and I basically go to a hotel to sleep. And we could not sleep....

We travel a lot as a family, and I travel a lot for business. I can say that the Owing Mills Hampton Inn has the worst, most uncomfortable bed that I have ever slept in. My family all said the same thing - even the children. The beds are hard like rock - literally like sleeping on a sheet of plywood. The bedding was adequate. The pillows were rock hard too. Thank goodness I had brought my own pillow.

The walls are also paper thin. We could hear EVERYTHING going on in the rooms on either side of us. You basically have no privacy - and the thin walls definitely contributed to a poor night's rest.

Sorry, but two nights with no sleep is awful. We were all exhausted when we got home - that has not happened, ever, when we travel.

Because of the awful beds and lack of sleep, I would highly recommend that you stay away from this hotel, especially for the price that they are charging.

Room Tip: Seek another hotel. The beds are just too uncomfortable.

Reviewed 23 January 2017

This Hampton Inn is in a great location near a mall and restaurants. Big clean rooms, free wi-fi, parking and breakfast. It's a full hot breakfast of eggs, meat, oatmeal, and waffles along with the regular yogurt, fruit, and pastries. Has a small fitness center open 24/7 and an indoor pool. Only drawback is the pool only open in the evening from 5p-10p.

Reviewed 22 January 2017

Clean, modern, comfortable, friendly, convenient. Stayed here many times. Always a great experience. Convenient to many companies in the Owings Mills area and many restaurants. Helpful, friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2017

My niece and her husband got married Saturday, November 26, 2016! As my wedding gift I arranged for them to stay a few days at the Owings Mills Hampton Inn & Suites. Initially I was a little peeved with Hampton Inn because they wouldn't immediately charge my credit card when I booked the hotel in February. I called directly to the hotel and spoke to the manager and was able to get it taken care of expeditiously.
During the bride's stay at the hotel while we (bridesmaids, mother of the bride, wedding coordinator, make up artist, stylist, photographer, etc.) got her ready for her big day, the hotel staff was wonderful. I don't know how many times I parked in the circular drive in front of the main door dropping off people and belongings without a murmur of complaint from the hotel guests or front desk staff.
The housekeeping staff were great as well, especially Fatima. I asked Fatima to come to the room so the bridesmaids could explain the special romantic touch that they wanted for the couple after the ceremony and she went above and beyond to comply with the special request.
I also wanted to point out that the quick breakfast that I had on the day of the wedding from the hotel's lobby was delicious! By the time I came back from running more wedding related errands mine's was cold but still scrumptious.
I spoke to my niece and my new nephew this morning after they checked out and she raved about how clean the hotel was, how nice and friendly the staff was, how good the breakfasts were, and that overall they had a lovely honeymoon and that they would love to stay here again.

Stayed: November 2016
Reviewed 17 January 2017

Very friendly, helpful staff. Clean and quiet. Breakfast was acceptable, lots of options. Will stay again when vising the area. Took the grandkids and they enjoyed the pool and everyone was very tolerant. Will be staying there again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Owings Mills
15 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
10.3 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore / Woodlawn

Been to Hampton Inn Owings Mills? Share your experiences!