All reviews room suite full kitchen fire pit one night great place to stay stay there again netflix marriotts noise lobby
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Around 2-1/2 weeks before we arrived, I booked 5 nights in a Studio room at this Residence Inn using points as a Marriott Reward Member and requested a high floor if possible. When we arrived around 6:00 pm, we checked in at the front desk and the desk clerk gave us keys to a room on the first floor. Upon entering the room, we discovered it was a "mobility accessible" room designed for people in wheelchairs. (The front desk clerk had not mentioned it was an "accessible" room.) While we believe it's great that hotels offer such rooms for those who need them, we prefer a regular room since the showers have doors and the other bathroom facilities are at a standard height. We thus immediately went back to the front desk and politely asked for a regular room, but were told that there weren't any available that night but one might open up the following morning after guests checked out. Needless to say, we were very surprised that since we had booked a room over two weeks in advance and hadn't arrived late in the evening, the hotel could not provide us with a regular room. It frankly made us wonder if we had intentionally been assigned to a "mobility accessible" room because we had booked the room for five nights using points.

The next morning when we checked at the front desk, they had a regular room on the 2nd floor to which we then moved and that became our room for the remaining 4 nights. The room itself was fine, but as the hotel appears to be relatively new, we were surprised that the floor above us would squeak so loudly that we would hear it in the middle of the night and when its occupant got up in the morning, usually between 5 and 6 a.m. We've stayed at many Marriotts over the years and it's been exceedingly rare to have a floor squeak above us.

During our five-day stay, we experienced a couple of other minor issues one of which again seemed to reflect that the staff's attention to its guests' needs needs improvement.

One of the bright sides to our stay was an employee named Rafina who apparently was temporarily working in the breakfast area. She always greeted us (and other guests who came down for breakfast) and was very friendly without being obtrusive.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Karen I, General Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore Owings Mills, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm so sorry to hear it wasn't as pleasant as it should have been. I apologize for the issues you faced upon arrival and completely understand your frustration with this. I appreciate your comments on the noise and am very sorry it was a problem for you during the length of your stay. Again thank you for bringing these issues to my attention as I value all feedback and use them to improve on our performance for the future. I will be sure to pass on the kind words to Rafina and thank her for her doing such a good job while filling in for breakfast.
I hope you will give us another try the next time you visit Owings Mills.

Karen I.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

Overall, the check-in staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was fine, candy wrappers next to table the whole time we were there, and, they were not our wrappers. I asked for a tray to take some breakfast back to the room and all I got was a small styrofoam container, that is not a tray and made it very difficult to take more than one item back to my room, not very helpful.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Karen I, General Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore Owings Mills, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the stay! I will pass on your housekeeping concerns to my team. Thank you for your honest feedback, it will only help us improve for the future.

Karen I.

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

This is a new hotel with all the fixens! Rooms are spacious and well appointed and contemporary and you feel like living at home ! Beds super comfortable. Staff are great! Would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Our daughter wanted "space" to get ready for her prom and for friends and family to send her off so we rented a suite here. The room/suite was huge and it fit 10 of us in the room as we waited for her to make her grand entrance out of the bathroom area. We were not cramped and there was plenty of seating. So if you parents ever decided to hold a sleepover for one of your kids birthday parties, this place would work. Matter of fact, we've done that before too. The review would have been a 4.5 or 5, but the front desk person is not too friendly, not rude, but def not service with a smile.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank SunilnRiss
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Had to search for a pet friendly hotel at last minute due to a funeral. Were able to make reservation over the phone & use points. 2 nights. Beautiful new place! We stay in Marriotts as often as we can. This one was very nice. Only complaint I had was the bedroom was so small & tight. It was a studio, so I knew it would be small. But with 2 small dogs plus 2 adults it was hard to navigate & dress. But definitely was not disappointed in the hotel itself. Very friendly pleasant staff, & breakfast was great.

Date of stay: May 2018