“Princess Royale OC, MD”

Ranked #3 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Wading River, New Jersey, United States
“Princess Royale OC, MD”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We booked a corner room on the ocean Presidents Day Weekend 2012. It was very nice and very quiet. The inner room around the pool are popular but we wanted quiet. We slept peacefully on the Temporpedic Mattress and the ocean was right out side out window. I bet in the summer it is awesome. The view was amazing. The kitchen is great with two burners and a full size fridge and dishwasher. The Microwave is a bit dated and should be replaced in my opinion. But no big deal, since I didn't use it. I love having a seperate bedroom from the kitchen and living area. My husband could get up early and I wasn't disturbed. The new flat screen TV in the bedroom was great. The facilities were a little dated also. But very nice. I think an updated decor would really be good. Parking was a breeze with their own parking garage. The staff was very nice and the bar and restaraunt were good also.

Room Tip: Corner Room and outside rooms are quieter. Inside rooms around the pool are crazy and load with scr...
1 Thank Mandy S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (841)
Germantown, Maryland
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We just spent our 2nd straight Valentine's Day in one of Princess Royale's jacuzi suites. These are well priced ocean view corner suites with a second sliding glass door on the side wall which shows you not only the ocean but a view up the beach. The temperpedic bed is very comfortable! The heart shaped hot tubs are fun to use after a day at the beach or boardwalk. The hotel has new paint and carpets which have improved it's overal appearance. Staff and the indoor pool were both decent as well. My only criticism is the poorly lit parking garage which is extremely tight and has very steep ramps between floors. Overall, this is an above average hotel for a reasonable price which happens to be located right across the street from the best pizza in Ocean City at Lombardis!

2 Thank Brian G
mass
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Well this is the first time we have been in Ocean City during the winter. Went for the long Presidents day weekend. Came down from Boston Stayed at The Princess Royale. I have to say that the upgrades look good. With the new carpet and paint in the hallways. Stayed in a ocean front condo, it was very nice. The staff was great. Look forward to going back in August. We had a great time. Thank You.

1 Thank premiermass
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel with the Omega club. The suite rooms are very nice. Our rooms overlooked the pool area. Since it was cold outside the inside pool came in handy. The pool area was nice and warm. The hot tub was amazing. Not too hot and not too cold. The beds were so comfortable. The early morning breakfast buffett was very tasty. The rooms were nice and clean. I was able to meet my housekeeper. Her name was Nicole and she was so nice.

Room Tip: During the winter geta room facing the pool.
1 Thank ndntelliott
Newton, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 February 2012

This is the third year in a row my wife and I stayed at the Princess Royale in early Nov. It is a nice clean hotel. They have a coupon on their web site- stay any Fri & Sat and get Thur. night free, so it's a good value. This year we invited another couple to come with us. When making reservations (several months ahead) we requested room 408 (ocean side, close to ocean). Our friends requested a room near ours. The hotel called a few days before checkin date and explained rooms are assigned only when checking in so they couldn't guarantee room 408. The small print on coupon says it MUST be shown when checking in, which we did. I was told room 408 was taken and I could only have a room much further from the ocean. O.K.,no big deal. Then right in front of me, my friends were told they had been upgraded to ocean front. I said we were together, could we also get upgraded? No Sir, these decisions are made in the hotel office and we cannot change them. Nothing I said changed their minds, they just didn't care. Oh well, my friends got ocean front and I'm happy for them. When checking out I warned my friends that for the past two years they included Thur. night on the bill, and you had to ask them to take it off. Sure enough I was billed for Thur. for the third year in a row. When I brought it to their attention they did remove it. My friends however were only charged for Sat & Sun without asking. Now the kicker, I found out they gave my friend a paper asking them to review the hotel on Tripadvisor! My friend Ray informed me he always reviews hotels where he stays and Princess Royale must have known this. I am going to be staying in aprox. 8 hotels this coming year and I can assure you I will be reviewing every one of them on Tripadvisor. Will I stay at Princess Royale again this coming Nov.? I don't know, but there are lots of good deals in Ocean City Md. in Nov.and I'll be looking around. One point off for the billing games, 0 points off for treating my friends like the King & Queen, but two more points off for treating my wife & I like we didn't exist, after going there for 3 years in a row. My lesson learned! Review! Review!

Room Tip: As stated, you don't really get to choose. The inside rooms have a Very heavy chlorine smell fro...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple