“Interesting food”
Review of Culture Restaurant - CLOSED

Culture Restaurant
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Description: Peruvian rotisserie chicken complemented by an annually changing menu of culturally inspired cuisine. Now celebrating American Street, Inspired by: Food trucks, fairs, festivals and street stalls All natural, real food made from scratch. Perfectly packaged for carry out or enjoy a casual dining experience on site. Serving all natural craft sodas, teas and coffees. Beer, wine and craft cocktails / beer and wine offered to go.
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed this unique, fast casual restaurant. The food choices were varied and all that we had was very tasty. Spice level is super high, which was a problem for a few in our group, but otherwise all were pleased.

1  Thank trippygrll

Reviewed 11 June 2017

I checked their menu online and it captured my eye. It is way far from what I was expecting. Peruvian chicken? The rotisserie chicken from Walmart tastes better. Aji verde and amarillo sauces? The arepa? Do they even know what any of these are??? Have they tried any of these scrumptious autochthonous dishes? I don't even want to know what they pass for Anticucho. I tried and it was an utter failure. Giving names to items on a menu doesn't mean you can actually prepare them, but it does mean you can deceive and fool people who try them for the first time.

1  Thank marieclaire7000
Reviewed 5 June 2017

I recently dined at Culture with several friends. I really love plantains, so when I saw those on the menu, I was excited! Culture is similar to places like Mission BBQ- in the sense that you order and pay at the counter, and your food is brought to your table. While we had no issue with this per se, I think we were all kind of looking for a table service restaurant. The menu is interesting, and has a good selection. I had the vegetable arepas, which are like English muffins made from corn. I chose the platter which comes with sides of corn pudding and rice and beans. Another friend had the fish tacos which she said were good, but she did not care for the sauce. I thought the food was ok, not bad, and I like trying various cuisines. However, as a group we all agreed that nobody was overwhelmed.

1  Thank Dogmom11236
Reviewed 22 May 2017

While visiting Ocean City, MD we wanted to try something new. We found Culture on Rt #611. This is a quaint little place. You place your order, they give you a number to put on your table and when it is done, they deliver it to you. The food is natural and healthy. I ordered the Chicken Jambalaya and my wife ordered the Shrimp and Grits. The jambalaya was great but the shrimp and grits came with a BBQ sauce that took away from the cheesy taste of the grits. The staff is very friendly and I would eat here again.

1  Thank Curt K
Reviewed 2 May 2017

This restaurant was created by the owners of The Shark which was once an excellent restaurant. the problem is there is little to no attention to detail. The atmosphere resembles a summer camp mess hall. While the new menu looks enticing, the execution is very poor. I won't be going back.

1  Thank ravensdad572