“Great flavors and value”
Review of Smoker's BBQ Pit

Smoker's BBQ Pit
Ranked #37 of 474 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Opening April 25, 2018 for the season! Homestyle cooking and real wood smoked BBQ! Ribs, Chicken, Pulled Pork, Family Deals available.. We offer a screened in porch with picnic tables, and outside seating too. Counter service in a casual, friendly style. Lots of homemade sides to complete your meal and with a homemade dessert. Open April 25 to October 6, 2018. Please call for details.
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Stopped by for a late lunch after a round of golf, received fast, friendly service and great tasting food. We all decided to try their big bad wolf sandwich, a smoked sausage with shredded Bbq and bacon, very tasty! Sides were good sized portions and the smoked tuna dip was a good surprise.

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

We went for dinner. Got the turkey ,stuffing cranberry sandwich with gravy(wrapped in foil)= mush. My husband got brisket ends & mac and cheese- said neither were even warm . We just didn’t think it was worth the $28

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We have a place in ocean city and visit all summer. Have not been to smokers in 2 years so was in the mood for some barbecue. What a disappointment. Remembered it being ok a few years ago..but we will not be back. Baked beans right out of a can..pathetic for a barbecue joint...at least add brown sugar or something....pulled pork sandwich was terrible...no smoke flavor and already had bbq sauce on it and mixed with it....like it came out of a big pot with sauce all over it and mushy...Costco”s bbq pork was better than that... brisket sandwich same thing...already mixed with bbq sauce like it was stewing in it all day...no smoke, mushy and rolls soggy from the already sauces bbq....so if you like Carolina style or Memphis or whatever it doesn’t matter here..Mac n cheese ok ...my kids ate it...for the high price you pay we will not return ....not even for a bbq craving...we will hold off. I think they are appealing to the vacation crowd and one a done folks.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Been vacationing in this area for years. My first stop here the place was just a small roadside BBQ stand. It has grown over the years and expanded in size. No matter what I am in the area for, I always make a visit for a bite to eat. I love these types of establishments, family owned, hard workers, producing some delicious food. It's a great small place, just off the main Hussle and bussle, love the pulled pork and their red sauce...good thing I don't live close by by,I would be triple my weight! (But happy!)

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Stopped here for late lunch one day on our way into Assateague Island National Seashore. Here we placed our order at the window and waited for our card to be called at the pick-up window. We ordered a kids hot dog meal ($4.99), a Pulled Pork Sandwich Platter($10.49) and a Beef Brisket Sandwich ($7.50). Our order was up within about 10 minutes. We chose to grab one of the outside booths. They also have a screen house if you want to sit "indoors". Inside they have picnic tables with overhead ceiling fans. Here you will also find the condiment table (ketchup, mustard, bbq sauces, carolina sauce, etc).

On first inspection of our food, everything looked good. The kids loved the hot dog. They also liked the french fries. I tried the fries and thought they were excellent. I almost wished I had ordered another batch of them! I enjoyed my pulled pork. It was flavorful and tasty without being overly smoky. BBQ sauce was good. I added more though since I love a saucy sandwich. My husband said the brisket was good in terms of taste, but was a little on the dry side. Baked beans were excellent. I thought they were yummy. Kids did too. We also had the mac-n-cheese, which was also a hit. Tasted like homemade. On the downside, the Pink lemonade was too sweet & I did find a small bone-chip in my pulled pork sandwich.

Overall, we enjoyed our visit with Smoker's. Atmosphere is extremely relaxed and casual. Dining areas are simply picnic tables and a few outdoor booths. No waitstaff, just a take-out window. Window help was FAST and friendly. Prices were reasonable. Portion sizes were decent. Most importantly, the food was good and tasty. Just be careful with the pulled pork, as on more than one occasion I have found bone or gristle.

Bottom Line: We would recommend.