All reviews sister property stayed here numerous times pet friendly hotel full size great place to stay view of the bay check in was a breeze cleaning staff convention center labor day weekend private balcony nice size pets motel oc boardwalk md
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We knew that this was a dog friendly spot... but we forgot how bothersome this can be. So, be prepared for dogs whimpering and barking and doggie paws (with nails) walking on the laminate floors in the rooms around you. One dog, multiple dogs, big dogs and little dogs...

On the side of the property, there is a spot with a fire hydrant for them... not sure how often it was cleaned encaustic it always had that urine smell to it.

The place is run down, there's no doubt about that. But that's what you get for the location and price point. The rooms did not have pet fur (some missed spots, but that's ok). The pool was okay, and the staff was very friendly.

Room entrances are from the balconies, so, don't expect the privacy there...

It was what we expected, no more, no less.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
castleadmin, General Manager at Barefoot Mailman, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Thank you for your fair review. Although we are pet friendly, we do expect pet owners to be responsible for their pets with pickup as well as noise levels and we rarely have any issues. If you ever feel a neighbor was noisy, please do not hesitate to call the front desk so that we can assist you. Having renovated the property from the top to bottom over the course of a few years, I struggle to understand where we may be perceived as "run down". I encourage you to give me a call to discusses this so that I can continue to improve my property in any area that may be needed. Thank you and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here last weekend and was very happy to see that there were a lot dogs staying there. The room was super clean, very impressive considering they allow Dogs there. Great job guys!!!. The room was big and comfy. The only down side for me was a little far from boardwalk and parking is a nightmare if you try to leave the hotel parking. Great bar and food at the sister hotel "castle on the sand". The pool was tiny! But I still enjoyed it.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your fantastic review! We specialize in pets and cleanliness so thank you for recognizing our strengths. Although parking is plentiful on our property, it can be a nightmare in other areas in town. Thankfully public transportation, taxis and Ubers are abundant and are still the best way to navigate the area especially if you intend to go downtown to the boardwalk. We are thankful to be located 8 blocks north of the boardwalk so that we can enjoy peace and quiet at night! Coconut's being just two blocks away is a huge plus so I am glad you made it to the Castle in the Sand during your stay with us. See you next time!

Reviewed 1 August 2018

I wasn't sure if I would like this hotel from the mixed reviews. My family and I enjoyed our stay at this hidden gem!! We are definitely glad we selected this hotel. Room was clean and spacious, area was peaceful and quiet, nice pool area, very friendly staff, short walk to beach. I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
castleadmin, General Manager at Barefoot Mailman, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Although I am not sure as to which mixed reviews you are referring as we are mostly 4 and 5 stars, I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed yourselves! Our cleaning staff is the best at the beach and our area in town cannot be beat. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 28 July 2018

Ok, so we went to the Barefoot Mailman for my wife's birthday, largely because we have two dogs so options are limited. She cried a few times because the clientele and overall broke-downess are overwhelming, but I had a good time. If you are OK with the person(s) in your party being sad, disappointed and mildly disturbed, then rock it out ... good times await.

Room Tip: top floors are better
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caribbean-Mike

I am honestly not sure what to make of this review. I do hope you had a good time, but I cannot tell. Our property is very modern and renovated and I do not believe our clientele to be overwhelming. If you would like to elaborate on any concerns you may have had during your stay, please feel free to call me at 410-289-5343. We hope to see you again.

Barefoot Mailman

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

The Barefoot Mailman is a great place to stay with your family and dog - it’s very family and pet friendly. The customer service is excellent and I really appreciate that chemical levels in the pool are checked multiple times daily.

The motel is close to many restaurants and a market. It’s steps from the beach.

Enjoy your next trip to Ocean City!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for telling everyone about your great experience with us! We will be here for you when you return!

Barefoot Mailman