“Fresh, Delicious Meal, Indoor or Outdoor Seating”
Review of Hooked

Hooked
Ranked #25 of 472 Restaurants in Ocean City
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Owners Steve Hagen and Kevin Frey are at it again, opening their newest restaurant, Hooked located on 81st St. in Ocean City, MD. With the success of Off The Hook, in Bethany Beach & Just Hooked, in Fenwick Island, DE, they have set the standard for local fare focusing on local seafood and produce. They began Indian River Seafood Company in 2010. Their vision was to offer residents of and visitors to the Quiet Resorts of Delaware the freshest seafood, innovative cuisines, and exceptional service. In 2010, Indian River Seafood Company opened its first restaurant, Off The Hook. After a very successful first year, the company expanded by opening its second location, Just Hooked in 2011. In 2012, Off The Hook Market, in Bethany Beach, DE was added. Now in 2013, Hooked in Ocean City, MD opens its doors!
Reviewed 17 July 2016

I do recommend this restaurant, a highlight among the many choices along Coastal Hwy in Ocean City. Among the smaller establishments, it also has outdoor seating at informal wooden tables that if I remember correctly seat 8 to 10. Great for family gatherings during vacation! We were celebrating our friends' anniversary, and enjoyed drinks, appetizer and dinner. No room for dessert! Recommend fried calamari for appetizer, and delicious sea scallops and crabcakes for entrée. There is also a kids' menu. We particularly liked that we were not rushed in and out of the restaurant, and were able to enjoy a leisurely meal on vacation.

Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

Family of five with three picky eaters. We had calamari appetizer which was excellent. For main course we split a dinner- can't recall right now but that too was excellent. Kids loved the hand cut fries.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

I challenged my husband to step away from our "usual" spots and try all new places on our getaway. We tried this place and we are "hooked" (I assume that joke is made over and over but let's pretend I'm original!)

We ordered two cocktails...delicious, perhaps a bit too pricey
He ordered the chicken chesapeake sandwich and I ordered the booze burger...both were very good.

We both got the 3$ upgrade to the truffle fries and they are so good, our baby loved them and kept returning fries to us if they didn't have the sauce. I was disappointed that the fry portion was small and they all seemed to be the small crunchy pieces instead of the nice whole fries...but overall, I'm glad I ordered them.

Service was excellent

I feel like everything is about 2$ more expensive than it is worth but I think we are fairly used to this in a resort town.

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Went there for lunch, 5 adults and two children. They didn't have a beer sampler and my brother inlaw wanted to try some locally brewed beers that they carry. They created a sampler for him. The waiter remember all the beers he brought and described each one. There was six. My inlaws ordered calamari. Not only was it cooked perfect but you can tell it fresh or maybe a stepped up brand. It had a spicy sauce on it but not too spicey and the kids could eat it. My son and brother inlaw got the pork belly and fried oyster po-boy. Order the po-boy if your starving, it's huge and delicious. My wife and I got the chicken Chesapeake for $12. This was my only complaint. I wish it would have been $15 and had more crab meat. The chicken was grilled and tasted perfectly cooked. The taste of the grilled chicken over took the taste of what little crab meat was on it. My sister inlaw got the bacon cheeseburger that was cooked exactly the way she wanted it. She couldn't finish it off. The kids got a mac-n-cheese that was not only homemade, it was great! The chicken tenders were panko breaded. It seamed tge fries were breaded too. You can upcharge the fries and get gourmet fries, either garlic and or truffled bacon. Go for the truffled bacon. Over all it's a great place to get gourmet for a reasonable price. The dinners looked pricey, over $20 a plate but based off our lunch I would bet they're good and big. My bill for three came to $45 for the three sandwiches and regular drinks.

1  Thank Eddie M
Reviewed 8 July 2016

We ate at Hooked with a family of 6. Wait was about 30 minutes. Got a table upstairs....oddly enough, the same table were we used to sit when the location was La Hacienda. Anyway, despite being VERY busy, the waiter was very attentive and service was outstanding. Very much liked the 'farm to table' or 'fishing boat to table' feel of the restaurant. All of the appetizers and entrees were wonderful; we shared appetizers and entrees 'family style', so we got to try a bit of everything. Loved the crab dip, calamari, and really liked the roasted corn & jalapeno crab bisque. No complaints about the crab cakes and mahi house salad, but really enjoyed the fish n' chips and the Thai basil tuna. Hooked is excellent.