“Taste bud explosion”

Ranked #15 of 473 Restaurants in Ocean City
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Breakfast and lunch Open for the season 2017 vegan and vegetarian options. 18th street ocean side steps off the boardwalk
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Malia's is a little slice of heavenly food right off the beach. My oh my how lucky we are to have this little gem right near our house. I had the pleasure of a girls day out to lunch before the work day began and Malia's delicious food hit the spot. We started our lunch out with the baked Brie and fresh fruit appetizer. The fruit was ripe and sweet, the Brie is to die for, I could literally stop writing this review and head over for another one right now! Big enough for three or four people, but it was perfect for just us two! My girlfriend had the pita egg salad sandwich and I enjoyed the grilled chicken Caesar salad. Both were top notch. Our service was excellent, no doubt we will be back to try more delicious items from Malia's menu! Great food, enjoyable outside seating, and terrific wait staff! Two thumbs up for Malia's!!

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Great healthy casual food and decent prices, with vegan & vegetarian options. Are their several times & never have been disappointed. Handicap access in back. Can eat inside or out. At our table we had fluffy chocolate chip pancakes w/ amazing scrapple, eggs O/M w/ hash browns & thick wheat toast, a fruit & yogurt parfait w/ homemade granola, a gorgeous & delish fruit bowl as well as veggie omlet w/ vegetarian sausage & avocado. Something for everyone & sweet wait staff!

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Came here purely because of the reviews on TripAdvisor which had Malia's Cafe in the top 3-4% restaurants in OC. I don't think anything changed with my standards or tastes since my visit two days earlier to a higher rated Sahara, where reviews were spot on.

The food wasn't bad, just nothing to write home about. My kid's red, white and blue pancake was okay, scrambled eggs so-so, bacon very greasy and not crispy. My youngest devoured his French toast, but he'll eat almost anything.

I had a Western omelette and while the flavors were good, the distribution of ingredients was very inconsistent.

My biggest issue with the place was that there are no refills on drinks. I could see that for freshly squeezed orange juice (not that they serve that) but for store-bought apple juice at $2.99? Chocolate milk? Even got charged for a "refill" of my less than inspiring coffee.

Rounding out the "healthy" experience is Mrs. Butterworth's maple syrup.

Lastly, the service was slow and our waitress seemed like we were bothering her. Perhaps a training opportunity for management, or at least an explanation of how the customer/restaurant relationship is supposed to work.

I won't be back and would not recommend this restaurant when there are clearly better choices in OC.

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Fresh ingredients, great tasting food, reasonable prices and incredible service made our experience at Malias one to remember. We tried a variety of breakfast items and all were so delicious. The fruit bowl is like none I have ever seen or eaten. You have to get the crab omlett or the breakfast burrito. Wow. The staff was so pleasant and family like. We will be back as often as possible. Thank you Malias.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Absolutely delicious ! This cafe has a great menu , very friendly staff ( Vicki our waitress was amazing ) the variety of food is very good ! Prices are great !You can eat inside or out they give you the option and if it's busy they hand out delicious mini muffins ! We ate here 2x for breakfast and everything was so fresh and full of flavor ! I had strawberry coconut pancakes ( strawberries going all through and in the pancakes ) one morning and the next chocolate chip banana pancakes beyond yummmyyy ! The rest of our party had the everything bagel with avocado bacon and chive spread and omelettes they loved it ! Our meals came with a piece of fruit very fresh ! I highly recommend eating here you can also take out ! They are open for breakfast and lunch !

Date of visit: May 2017