All reviewsefficiency roomnice view of the bayconvention centerstaying at this hotelbeds were very comfortableoutdoor poolnightlifedishwashermd
Reviewed 30 July 2018

This is a very good hotel! I really don't understand the negative reviews. I was there with my girlfriend from 7/27 to 7/29, we're in the mid 30s and we spent 2 nights. I've got no complaints.

Seacrets is next door, beach is 2 blocks away and this hotel has a small but nice swimming pool with a small bar and ambiance music on the rooftop of the 2nd building above their parking lot (which is huge by the way). They allowed us to use the pool on Sunday even after checkout. Note that the pool has chairs, tables and lounge chairs but no umbrellas so keep that in mind.

Staff is friendly and our room (main building same as front desk building, 4th floor) was nice. We chose the cheapest room so we didn't have a balcony but we had a nice view of the bay and the room had 2 queen beds, dresser, TV, table with 2 chairs, microwave, mini fridge (no kitchen), coffee machine, iron, closet and all the usual stuff. If you need a kitchen with stove, balcony you can get a more expensive room.

Yes, occasionally you may hear some loud people but remember that you're in Ocean City next to Seacrets and I was there in July, vacation time.. but 90% of the time my room was really quiet. I definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the bay
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Renato M
Reviewed 20 July 2018

The roof top pool was cool, the bar next to it wasn't the best but it was there (expensive $3 can soda) the view of the Bay up there tho is beautiful, nice place to hang with your bun. The inside pool was loud and humid in there ,in my opinion ,but unless the ceiling is high ,they always are. The room we had was just a room ,two queen beds bathroom etc..A Motel room. It was clean mainly (found a stand of hair in the bathroom, oh no someone must have been here before. Lol) but all in all nice place, ppl, and location ,walk on Bayside Beach or ocean Beach a block away. Kids loved it

Room Tip: "Parking garage building" has the Bay Beach with balcony views!(be specific)
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Paul K, General Manager at Princess Bayside Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Thank you for your review of the Princess Bayside Beach Hotel. We appreciate you mentioning the great views from our rooftop pool and our friendly staff. I hope that you and your family will come visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

So, my husband attended a conference at the convention center overnight and we heard from a colleague that the Princess Bayside was where several people were staying, so we booked a room, which required us to pay the first night’s stay. Since we were only planning to stay one night, we paid the fee and received confirmation. On the day of check-in, today, my kids and I met up with my husband who beat us to the hotel and grabbed a beer and a bite to eat at the pub on site, Fennigan’s, which was fine. When we arrived, I noticed how outdated the hotel was and the smell of the place. Clearly it had been a smoking facility at one point and that old smell lingered. I was uncomfortable from the moment I entered the facility but tried to get past it. I was greeted by someone at the front desk who was very friendly and although our room was not ready because we arrived before the designated check-in time, we were provided our parking pass. While waiting for my husband to finish his food and drink, my kids and I used the restroom and went to check out the rooftop pool. Although it has a nice view of the bay, the pool was in pretty terrible shape. To start, the square blocks you walked on on the rooftop moved as you stepped, like whatever was beneath them was squishy. So weird. Also, the railing didn’t provide a whole lot of stability given how high up we were. It made me nervous to think about my kids getting close to the edge. Next we planned to head to the beach, but my growing discomfort wouldn’t allow me to go on without saying something more. So I stopped by the front desk again, which was nearly an hour later but still before the posted check-in time. Our room wasn’t ready, but I asked if I could see a room, because I was feeling uneasy about staying there. The gentleman at the front desk had security show me a room and it was exactly what I though, outdated, smelly, dark, low ceiling, a grimy bathroom, etc. I immediately decided with certainty that my family and I wouldn’t be staying there overnight. I requested a refund and explained my reasoning in that I was uncomfortable with the condition of the hotel. I spoke to the manager who very pleasantly said she understood but there was nothing she could do. I even asked if there was an 800 number or someone else I could talk to. She said she would check with the General Manager, but didn’t think so. She care back and said again that there was nothing that could be done, unfortunately, and that I would lose my payment if not staying. I decided that it would be worth it to not to have to stay in that place. So, I found a very nice hotel which was comparable in price and we’re staying here. It’s in great condition and we’re much more comfortable here, to say the least. Here’s to a great nights sleep, even if it means I’ve had to pay for two hotels for the night.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank QAmoron
Paul K, General Manager at Princess Bayside Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that our facilities did not meet your expectations. We would have appreciated the chance to make your stay with us great, but as you mentioned you did not check into the hotel. Our rooftop pool deck is designed to have some give so that any water will drain between the blocks, which I believe is what you were referencing. Thank you for your feedback and again I'm sorry that we weren't able to accommodate you.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

We wanted to stay some place close to the beach. This hotel staff was excellent and polite. Right from the check in we had a great experience. Our room was on the 2nd floor but still a great view. We defiantely would stay here again next year ! Plenty of parking.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Paul K, General Manager at Princess Bayside Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Thank you for staying at the Princess Bayside Beach Hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our friendly staff. Thanks again for choosing us and we hope to see you soon back in Ocean City.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We stayed at the Princess Bayside Beach Hotel to enjoy at concert at Seacrets. It's a perfect location! Everything is within walking distance. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable.

Stayed: July 2017
Paul K, General Manager at Princess Bayside Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you for staying at the Princess Bayside Beach Hotel. We appreciate you noting our central Ocean City location and clean rooms. Please consider visiting us again in beautiful Ocean City, MD.