See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 July 2013

The alamo motel is $75 a night for a reason, though, from my perspective that's still too much for the type of service you get. We needed a cheap place to stay for an extra day, and my parents "remembered the alamo" as a thrifty one night stop. It was my parents, brother, sister and I who were staying, so we got a room with two double beds, though my brother and i ended up sleeping on a SINGLE PERSON BLOWUP MATTRESS ON THE FLOOR! That's how disgusting it was. The sheets looked like they hadn't been cleaned for a year and the pillows smelled bad. I was afraid of catching something from it. The walls did have dents in them but not full out holes. You could see right through the curtains, so it was like having no curtains at all. The tv did work and had basic cable. But the door, as another reviewer accurately described, did appear to have been kicked in. There was a noticablely large space b/w the door and it's frame, and because of that i did not feel safe. Now there is only one word to describe the bathroom: filthy. Toilet sagged off the wall and rocked when you sat on it, you could hear the water splashing around(gross). Bugs and spiders galore, occupying every corner. There was mold in the sink and in the shower, and the water's smell varied between rust and rotten eggs. I was showering at night and the power went off TWICE, talk about scary. So basically the room sucked, but Roscoe (the owner) seemed nice enough, and even brought us extra blankets at night. The pool appeared clean and was good for a swim, but cleanliness is the #1 most important necessity for a motel (in my opinion), and this place just doesn't cut it.

6  Thank hirenemh
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Room smelled horrible. Black mold in bathroom, tv didn't work, no hot water. Briken furniture Sewage smell. Rude owner. We took pictures for a health department complaint. We stayed here because we were stick here fourth if July. We should have slept in the car.

Date of stay: July 2013
8  Thank Kimberly M
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

Not the ritz Just and old beach place. Nice swimming pool nice ac. A bed and bath that's all nothing special. For the price in season you can't beat it. Like I said it's not the ritz but you don't pay for mints on your pillows you pay for the shower and bed.

6  Thank Cindy S
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My friends and I went to ocean city for the weekend on a really low budget. We were so happy to hear that the alamo was giving rooms away for 85 dollars. This was the only exciting thing upon renting a room here. As soon as we walked in, it smelled of a mixture between moldy cheese and dead bodies. Laughing, we looked up to notice just a light bulb hanging from the ceiling. We entered the bathroom, the shower was small with just a pipe hanging from the wall. This all was but humorous until we noticed the massive amounts of black mold all over the sink and around the entire bathroom. Also, long black hairs were at the bottom of the shower and where u put the soap was crud and a razor blade that had probably been there for 3 years. This bathroom had never been cleaned. Ever. It was also easy to tell this since there was poop smeared all over the wall next to the toilet and on the wall next to the bed. The towels were blatantly dirty and merely refolded. I then heard this place is known for prostitution. I'm surprised we didn't end up with bed bugs or something because the blankets on top of the beds had burn holes and stains (which looked like blood). I understand that "you get what you pay for" but this place is hazardous to a homeless mans health.

16  Thank ls1653
Reviewed 19 August 2012

The room smelled like mildew, the floor was dirty the cable and tv did not work and the bathroom was disgusting the door had not handle and the tub, I would not think about taking a shower in there much less putting my child in it. The whole place needs to be cleaned up inside and out, the pool had rust in it and I would not even think about eating there. SOmeone needs to call the chamber of commerence and the health inspector in ocean city to let them check it out and maybe there family could stay there. We only stayed one night and that was enough. Will never go back agin.

• Trip type: Travelled with family