“The worst hotel that I've ever seen”
Review of Alamo Motel

Alamo Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Alamo Motel
Ranked #101 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I took a motorcycle trip across country and stayed at the cheapest hotels. This hotel was the worst of all! The first room that I was put in had no windows, dust on the a/c, and a filthy shower. I then switched to the room next door which also had no windows and smelled dank and musty. Turns out there was condensation forming on a pipe that was attached to the ceiling, the condensation had been dripping all over the carpet and bed.

Finally, after complaining, they put me into my final room which had a filthy shower with a huge crack in the base. The power went out 5 or more times that night.

Room Tip: Don't stay there, it is a rip off
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank John D

Reviewed 31 July 2012

The price of the room was awful for what you got. We had one double bed and a bunk bed. The Tv went out in the storm at night. The shower wall had packing tape over half of it and you had to be like 4 foot tall to use the shower. There were spiders in the bathroom in each corner. Went swimming and the water came from a hose and you had to walk through the bar to get there. It was terrible.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank ash4099
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I was there with friends in 1982. We mainly wanted a few hours sleep and a shower. Filthy in everyway. Nothing was even OK at all... Couldn't even take a shower because it was only dripping and the water was total rust. We got ripped off. Couldn't sleep. Wasted our time and money. I can't believe health department has not shut this place down. It has to be the worst of the worst! I can't beleive it is standing!!!!! Stay far away! Not even worth it if it is the last place renting for $20 night! You have been warned. Don't come thinking we are all pampered! I was in high school and would have and did sleep on floors to go to OC!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank R0nna
Reviewed 11 June 2012

some creepy one armed guy rides around in a golf cart all day ,i guess too keep an eye on all the shady people who are staying there . the rooms are horrible an the water seems too have an iron problem an we had ants in our room the one armed guy seem to get angry when i asked for another room wich was worst then the first room an this dump was 165 a night ,i stayed one night left first thing in the morning what a dump

O

• Stayed: April 2012
9  Thank roscoellkeslittleboy
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We booked last minute and was the cheapest in the area...there's a reason for that! The staff was friendly, no complaint there, but they didn't tell us how horrible the room was going to be!!! We stayed in room 44, the lady who worked there said the upstairs rooms were nicer...compared to WHAT?! The walls were covered in what looked like loose wallpaper, the bathroom was full of mildew and mold, and there were NO functional blinds! They were bent, broken, with sheer curtains which you could see right through! The bathroom had NO blinds at all! The carpets had cigarette burns and were never vacuumed, there were food crumbs everywhere. There were 2 sets of drawers in the room which is where we set our luggage because we were too afraid of setting our belongings anywhere else! We REFUSED to shower there because of how dirty the bathroom was. Now for the beds...the one comforter had a huge burn hole in it that went all the way down to the mattress - which shows you they do NOT change the top covers! Sheets only! I swear I have bites from unforeseen creatures in that bed! When we saw the maid go around, she only carries towels and sheets with her. I saw no vacuum and no cleaners! Oh yeah, the outside top railing is loose, so no leaning, as you may end up falling onto your vehicle! Also no trashcan! So if you have trash, you must walk OUTSIDE to go throw your trash away with everyone else's. That may not be a big deal for most, but seeing condom wrappers and used tampons in there is completely disgusting! We have a friend who lives nearby and stated this place is known for prostitution! Whether that's the case or not, I can not verify. The pool outside the hotel bar looked as if it were never cleaned, and was never occupied during our stay by us or anyone else. So if you are driving by on route 50 and see a sign that says "VACANCY" there, please keep driving. Any extra money is worth avoiding this place!!!

Room Tip: I repeat - Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple