“Carryout”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Carryout was very prompt (less than 20 minuets) and reasonably priced! The crab cakes were a little dry but overall had good flavor. For full disclosure dryness of the cakes may have been from carry out nature of the order and drive time back to ocean pines, which is to be expected, and may not have been the fault of the restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,022)

Reviewed 20 August 2018

The Crab Bag is a huge place with lots of indoor seating and even more outdoor seating. Parking is a little sparse forcing patrons to park out back and on side streets. We had a party of 12, and the place was fairly busy. We were seated indoors within a minute without any problems. They have several bars at which you can eat. Their menu is extensive. They offer steamed blue crabs in 5 sizes, medium, medium large, large, extra large, and jumbo. The price for crabs was a tad high, but all other prices were in line with any other place in the area, the catch is, the crabs are worth it here. A large is a large, not mediums passed off as large. Their old bay is hot! The crabs are delicious and meaty. You can get sides with them such as sweet sweet corn on the cob or fries. They offer snow crab, they offer crab pots like Joe's Crab Shack, they offer platters of all different types. They off crab specials with all you can eat, which offer medium crabs. You can get fried chicken, BBQ chicken, pork, steaks, fajitas, you name it, there is going to be something on that menu. I made the comment that they have menu overload there is so much to choose from. They offer all of the Coke products and a large variety of beers in glasses or mini pictures. They of course serve mixed drinks. Just be aware that your in Maryland and everything is taxed so that will bump up your bill. Over all I recommend you try this place.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

My kids really wanted crab legs and we were struggling to find a place that was reasonably price. Knowing that I would pay a lot for crab legs anywhere we ended up picking this place! I was pleasantly surprised with the huge portions and my kids loved it. My broiled seafood dinner was huge and amazing! Way too much food for one person.We will definitely return when we are in OCMD again!! Yummy!

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Family wanted to dine here. I dont care for seafood so I opted for a sandwich. It was okay, nothing spectacular. Wait for a table wasn't bad, but when we got to our table they seated us for the wrong number in our group so we had to get a different table. We ended up being downstairs next to the bar which was god awful. The tables are extremely crammed in there and patrons at the bar dont care that they're taking up all the space, basically standing at our table, blocking the walkways. Very loud and right next when you walk in the door. Server wasnt much better. Couldn't really describe any dishes I asked her about, was rarely around and when she was she didn't bother to clear any dishes off our table the entire time. Someone ordered soup and it was not brought out and when we asked her about it her response was "ohh, that's because I have to go get it" nonchalantly, like she didn't care either way (this was more than 10 minutes after everyone else meals were served). Serving didn't seem to be her top priority or a priority at all really. Probably wouldn't return.

1  Thank als8816
Reviewed 19 August 2018

We probably ate here 3-4 times a week while we were here for half a month. The grilled oysters are fantastic, but so is everything else they have to offer.