“Relaxing Getaway”

Gateway Hotel & Suites
Ranked #16 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 31 July 2017

I came to OC, with my sister-in-law for a relaxing weekend get-away and was happy I choose this hotel to stay in. The staff was all friendly and always ready to help. The front desk staff was awesome. It rained the Friday and Saturday that I was there, but the hotel staff offered ideas of places to go where we could have indoor fun.
The rooms were clean and beds super comfy. We had a particle view of the ocean and boardwalk from our balcony which was nice. Another nice thing was we were able to leave our car in the hotel parking lot after checking out, so we were able to go to the beach on our last day there after the rain stopped.
The only thing I wish they would change, was the breakfast menu, though it was the basic hotel breakfast, I wish they would have more meat options other than pork sausage and bacon.

Room Tip: Great location, balcony with sitting, No smoking in rooms
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank 4Perky2

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Can't say enough good things about this hotel. 1st visit was just by chance but try to book here every year to celebrate our anniversary. Carol is amazing! So helpful. And goes out of her way to make your stay memorable. The hotel is in a great location. Clean, comfortable and priced right. Very quiet and within walking distance to the beach, boardwalk and the bay! We leave our car whoever we stay since we can walk everywhere. Be sure to book early or you will miss out!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dhallman163
Reviewed 5 July 2017

First of all, know that I have a young family of four with two sons age 4 and 2. We booked last-minute through Hotwire for Independence eve, not knowing the exact hotel we were going to get. What sold me on this one was the 4.5 rating posted on Trip Advisor, free parking, and a well-reviewed free breakfast. While it was a little pricey, I'll chalk that up to the time of the year that I booked.

I was overall satisfied with our stay. The room was pretty plain, but clean. The beds were a little soft for my liking, but again cleanliness was most important to me. The room does show a little age when you go out onto the balcony. The only complaint I have is that the door to the balcony was unlocked when we arrived.

The complimentary breakfast was of good quality. Sausage patties and links and potatoes were good, but I'll pass on the eggs. The waffle maker was the highlight of breakfast and they offer a regular batter and chocolate.

There was a pool on the 2nd floor, but we didn't use it. The beach and boardwalk is a block away. Staying here the night before Independence Day, I was concerned about the noise level. To no one's surprise, loud cars traveled through the streets into the wee hours. It was bearable, but not something I'd prefer with the two young ones. Then there was the periodic firecrackers going off. This is obviously a seasonal issue, so I won't hold it against them. In addition, we had a cousin staying at another beachfront hotel on 33rd St. and they heard firecrackers throughout the night as well.

It is a non-smoking hotel. Our next door neighbors smoked on their balcony, but we didn't smell any cigarette smoke, so I suppose it would have only bothered us if we spent a significant amount there.

Overall, this is a very good hotel. In this area, so many of the hotels and motels are in desperate need of repair, renovation, or makeover. Gateway, in that sense, is a little ahead of the curve.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank David L
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Best place in OCMD. The staff is always pleasant and kind. Carol the front desk manager is super sweet. The amenities alone are a reason to stay. Free parking, breakfast is included, close proximity to the boardwalk and beach. My all-time favorite place every time I need to get away from adulting.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank E R
Reviewed 27 June 2017

If you want a hotel close to the boardwalk area and the sound, try this. We had a good room, with a balcony. The hotel has a small outside pool on the second floor - great for a break and cooling off time. Standard free hotel breakfast. Good service. Helpful staff.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Patricia C
Tekmen, General Manager at Gateway Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Dear Guest,Thanks for your awesome and kind review. I am so pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations. We do our best to provide the best customer service and accommodations possible. We appreciate that our guests have countless hotel choices while visiting OC and are grateful when you choose to share your experience with us.

We hope to welcome you back on your next OC visit!

Kind Regards,