All reviews free breakfast the breakfast area large bathtub bayside location breakfast was excellent the room was super clean view of the bay nice property indoor swimming pool breakfast staff road noise short blocks front desk staff baby pool minute walk to the beach sun deck recommend this hotel
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Stayed at the Fairfield Inn for a night, Hotel was fantastic, clean, staff was friendly and the room was spacious and clean. They even give us a complimentary bottle of wine since was a birthday occasion. Hotel is located 2 short blocks from the beach and lots places to eat close by. Definitely recommend this hotel and will stay again on my next visit to OC.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank BMW2013F10
alinakellar, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ocean City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Hello and thank you for your review. It's so nice to hear that you enjoyed the little birthday gift and that you plan to stay with us again. We are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 15 August 2018

I stayed an extra night at the beach after our week-long house rental ended. I chose this hotel because Marriott properties are usually good and I wanted to "spoil" myself a little. I should have realized I wouldn't get my wish when I went up the elevator at 3pm and the door opened to a young woman lying on the floor, who yelled at me, "Have you EVER been this drunk?? It SUCKS!!!" The room itself was large, lovely, and clean, but I didn't get a good night's sleep as I woken up before 4am by people running and yelling in the hallways and slamming doors as they went from room to room. I understand that this is a beach hotel, but if I wanted a frat party I could have stayed at the Econolodge or similar for half as much.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
alinakellar, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ocean City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Dear Sanyamakadi,
We are truthfully sorry to hear your experience was overshadowed by other guests and you did not get the relaxation you were hoping for. This certainly is not the norm for our property but guests visit for various reasons and occasionally a little agitation is possible, especially in the peak summer season. Our staff is diligent however in trying to defuse such situations, if given the opportunity.
Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope this incident will not prevent you from considering us again when travelling to the area.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Currently staying here with our last day being tomorrow. When we first arrived, the room and bathroom was clean and everything was great with the exception of candy stuck with hair on the floor behind one of the chairs. However as the days progressed, the maid service decreased each day - today being our last day, the pics are what the cleaning looked like. Just a made up bed and nothing else. The entire week, we cleaned the sinks and the sand from the bath tub waiting for house keeping to clean it. Never left coffee or cups after day 2. Will not recommend this hotel if the current house cleaning service doesn’t change. Johara from the front desk was nice enough to attend to our concerns and awaiting to hear back on progress. Very disappointing end to this stay.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank myvacation_2009
alinakellar, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ocean City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Good afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time to discuss your concerns with me earlier today. Once again, we sincerely apologize for this oversight.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

This hotel was a win-win for a family vacation - 5 minute walk to the beach, free parking, and complimentary hot breakfast. The customer service at the hotel was EXCELLENT. The lobby is beautiful, there are hardwood floors in the room (you don't have to worry about getting sand on the carpet). All rooms have balconies, there is plenty of covered parking, and the indoor pool area is also nice. There is a lot to do within walking distance. The hotel is not walking distance to the boardwalk (about a 15 minute drive). This is our new go to hotel for Ocean City!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
alinakellar, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ocean City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Hello Sandra A,
We are delighted to be your go to hotel for your family vacations.
Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback!

Reviewed 8 August 2018

My wife and I made a last minute decision to take our two grandchildren for a short visit to the Ocean City beach. I checked many hotels, both on and off the boardwalk before arriving at a final decision to stay at this new Fairfield Inn. The major factors in my decision were: 1.The location was only a couple of short blocks from the boardwalk and was quieter than boardwalk locations, which can tend to get quite noisy at night. 2.PRICE - the price was $75 - $100 less per night than similar hotels located directly on the boardwalk. 3.The lower price included an exceptionally good breakfast for all four of us. If you know anything about the cost of meals in Ocean City, you know the value of this amenity. 4.You always know what to expect at a Marriott branded hotel - no surprises.
The room was quite comfortable, reasonably large, and very clean. It appeared that all rooms had balconies, but I can not verify that for certain. The beds were comfortable, although my wife felt that the mattresses were a little too soft. The other three of us were just fine with them, though. The room AC worked quite well to maintain a nice temperature. Everyone on the staff was friendly and helpful. Check-in & check-out were fast and easy. The breakfast was excellent with many choices - something for every taste. There is a lot of seating for breakfast, but try to arrive before 8:30 a.m. when it tends to become very crowded and seats can be hard to find. As noted in other reviews, the indoor pool is very small - my grandson called it a "large bathtub". But, of course, you are at the beach and the main water feature is the ocean and not the hotel pool. There is a nice outdoor deck at the pool area that overlooks the bay - a very relaxing place to sit at sunset.
Overall it is a great hotel. If you are not a person who insists on being directly on the boardwalk or having an oceanfront room, this hotel provides an excellent alternative. The entire family, including grandchildren, highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you FDSJr for taking the time to write your review and for the warm recommendation. We are absolutely thrilled you found our hotel to be a great value and a good fit for your family's needs. We hope to host you again soon.