All reviews room was clean amusement park ferris wheel jolly rogers plenty of hot water quick walk to the beach heated pool free coffee in the lobby absolutely stay here again on site parking mother's day the check in process the air conditioning senior week microwave boardwalk rates
Reviewed 10 July 2018

BEWARE! Stay away by all means necessary. Lets start with the very first encounter- the service. It was HORRIBLE. When we first got there, we asked if it was okay to park there as it was too early to check in. Robin very rudely stated there was no parking available and we had to wait until check in. The parking lot had 8 open spots. When it was finally time to check in, there was 2 employees helping one guest each. Robin, again, was very rude to the customer she was helping. She gave the customer papers to fill out and the customer moved to the side to fill them out. I moved up to the counter and Robin puts her finger up saying "you're going to have to wait, I'm helping her right now". So I sat there for 8 minutes while the customer went to find her license plate number, fill out the paper work, and take a phone call. All while Robin just stood there. The other employee there was answering the phone telling people they had to call back as "they have a very long line checking people in". I was the only person in this "line". Even after she finished helping her guest, she was still answering the phone telling people they needed to call back. Now, mistake me if I'm wrong, but no business can afford to turn customers away like she was doing on the phone. ESPECIALLY a disgusting hotel like this one.
Moving on to when we went to our room. On first glance, meh. Not *horrible*. That opinion quickly changed. The bathroom trash hadn't been taken out from the previous guests, the mirrors hadn't been cleaned, the toilet paper was almost empty, the mini fridge had food left from the previous guests, there was built up dirt along the floor in the bathroom, there was mildew all over the sink and bathtub, there was hair hanging from the light in the bedroom...I could go on for days.
The morning after staying here (because nothing else had vacancy), my daughter and I BOTH woke up with bites all over our legs. For a $300 a night hotel, save yourself the trouble. It was HORRIBLE. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: Don't even waste your time with this hotel. There aren't enough showers in the world to make you feel clean after leaving here.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank marmarti004
Reviewed 5 July 2018

This little motel is actually really great for what it is. 30 second walk to the beach. Clean rooms. Perfect location in the middle of everything great about OC. A short ride either way to Seacrets, the Boardwalk, other great bars, restaurants, and right across the street from the amusement park. Would stay here again in a heartbeat. Great for a place to crash at the end of the night and great for waking up and going right to the beach and other fun spots in OC.

Room Tip: No ocean views so all rooms are similar in regards to that
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2018

I needed a last minute place for daughter and friends to stay. Babbi Slack was great and so helpful in assisting me in booking the room from 3 hours away. She was so kind to my daughter and friends and made them feel welcome. They stated the room was clean and so nice. They had fabulous time and want to go stay again. Close to everything.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Stayed a few nights with my Pops in September/off season. We arrived 3 hours early and they let us check in which was awesome. When we 1st checked in, the safe didn't work but we called the front desk, and a maintenance guy came out and replaced the battery immediately. The room was very clean, a little older and just what we needed for a few nights just minutes from the beach. Also, the staff was very friendly and it had a solid pool. The room did need some more towel racks. Finally, we did get an amazing rate because of the off season stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ChuckLz14
Reviewed 30 August 2017

First and foremost I always try to give positive, negative or neutral reviews based upon my own experience. We paid $700 to stay here for 3 nights (August 24 to 27, 2017) which was way overpriced for a place that is dated and dirty. The 1970's called and they want this place back! Save your money and look elsewhere. During our stay, housekeeping only came once and obviously they do not do their job very thoroughly as we found mold in the bathroom, dust and other trash left in room when we checked in. The plumbing seems sub-par and there were electrical outlets falling out of the wall. The pool was jammed packed one day with nobody there enforcing any rules. It was basically a free for all romper room! Two of the nights there was no on site parking. After advising the front desk, we were told we would need to figure something out and park elsewhere. As a result we had to park several blocks away. The front desk staff was very rude and we will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family