“Excellent!! Our go to hotel, even converted another family”
Review of Tides Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tides Motel
Ranked #74 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I was a little concerned with the hotel to start off because it was a new hotel for us and there were mixed reviews. I must say it was great. The rooms were big and very clean, no smell of nasty feet at all. The daily room service was excellent. The pool was a little small but plenty big considering not many people were really in it. It was also crystal clear. One thing that is a little misleading is the "balcony" it is just a outdoor walkway with chairs. We were right in front of the stairs so couldn't enjoy the "balcony" anyway. (bummer) My in-laws have been going to a different hotel for YEARS and decided to try this out to be closer to us, and they found a new hotel with Tides. The beach is very close to the hotel and is super clean and very fun. My kids enjoyed it very much. I enjoyed my stay.

2  Thank lylmamas3

Reviewed 22 August 2011

The rooms were basically what you would expect for the price. Everything is old, but perfectly clean.

Just make sure a friend doesn't come and visit you or Levon will come and get you!!!! He is insane and on a power trip. If you can avoid him, everyone else there was very nice.

It was a good value for ocean side property. If it wasn't for Levon, we would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jerryfauls
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We read reviews and were a little wary about this place. Were we ever surprised! It was extremely clean and the staff was absolutely wonderful. Everyday housekeeping asked if we needed cleaning or anything else. The pool was very clean and well kept. No noisy or rowdy neighbors in the building. Great water pressure in the shower too. Nothing bad about our stay here at all. Would stay again.

3  Thank annieWorthington_Wv
Reviewed 8 August 2011

My families first stay was in June 2011, on the second floor, Not to bad you can hear noise from up stairs nothing you cant live with, Our Families second stay was the first week in August 2011, room 102 right next to the rental office.
This was a very different experience. We were woken up at 1:00am by the manager yelling at the TOP OF HIS LUNGS for an hour, putting someone out for being to loud! (How ironic).
It happened again the next night at 11pm. I thought there was going to be a physical altercation. It sounded as if they were right in our room.

2  Thank rsavoy
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Within 45 minutes of checkin I received a call in our room from the office with an irrrate manager literally screaming in the background that we were making too much noise...my 17 yr. old son, husband and I were unloading vehicle to our 2nd floor room (no elevator). Night #2 around 6 pm my husband and I were sitting on our bed deciding where to eat and the phone rang....The manager "DEVON" was yelling at my husband about us making too much noise!!!! My husband tried to reason with this manager but was in disbelief when he was told to walk quieter....stress & anxiety was our experience staying at Tides Motel because of the manager. We will NEVER recommend or visit this place again.

Room Tip: Tip toe when you're in your room!