All reviews free breakfast cinnamon rolls beds were comfortable plenty of food stay there again room rate yogurt air conditioner staff was very friendly and helpful elevator hie tiles microwave
Reviewed 14 June 2018

Well it was an ok place to stay but the staff on the evening shift was very rude. My wife called down and asked for salt to make salt water to clean the site of her wisdom tooth that just got pulled. Anyway they told her to come down. She went to the front desk and the staff member didn't know she was there. The phone rang and the staff member yelled "Oh My God!! Will you people just shut up!!!!" She then saw my wife and apologized. Then told her to go get the salt from and "employees only" area. My wife waited and the women got upset with her because she had to get it herself and told my wife that"she was too busy for this" everybody has bad days I get it. That wasn't even the part that upset me the most. So I was getting dressed and heard a fire truck. I grabbed my one year old son and we were looking out the window. Then I realized it was pulling into the parking lot. I thought, ok the are needed for a medical emergency. The firefighters jumped out and put on there SCBA gear. Being a volunteer firefighter myself, I knew this wasn't good. I meant either fire or an odor in the building. I opened the door and sure enough, the hall way was filled with the smell of something burning and smoke. I grabbed everybody out of the room and went down stairs via the steps. I ran into a firefighter and asked what's going on and he said "something is on fire but don't know what or where" go down stairs and the manager was really nice but we decided to leave until it was clear. The manager also said "we believe it's something in the wa ll" my frustrations are why was the fire alarm not pulled? Why was nobody alerted? If this was a fire in the walls it could've gotten really bad really fast and I had my family with me. I don't know what the policy is but I'd rather get evacuated and be nothing then have to fight smoke and fore to get out. Very disappointed by this. If I wouldn't have seen the firetruck, we would've never know. And we still don't know what was on fire, nobody knew

I tried to contact Holiday Inn three times and no answer. They tried to get me to delete my review which was the same as above

Room was okay, clean. Staff was very rude on evening shift but manager on mornings was friendly. Breakfast wasn't that great

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff, ok rooms, clean and comfortable. Convenient to i-95 , perfect resting spot for us. Good free breakfast too. The corner rooms are larger and have 2 windows. Fresh bed sheets and towels. Elevators could be improved.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I would have given an average rating of 3 out of 5 without considering the shower, but I can not. The shower struck out on all counts. The flow was weak (mainly because of a faulty diverter), the hot water ran out before I finished (it wasn't very hot to start), the tub surface was very slippery (I almost fell several times), and the water drained very slowly (I was standing in a puddle at the end).
The staff was very friendly and helpful, but the hotel over all had a tired look and feel (also had an old smell). The complimentary breakfast was like all the others (just fair). I'm sorry I can't give a better review than a 2 out of 5. I may not be back.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North East, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Hello Murl R,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I am sorry that the condition of the shower and bath tub fell short. I want all your stays with us to be pleasant. I know this requires our capacity to ensure that room facilities are well-maintained. Along with your observations abut the look and feel of the hotel, I have shared your comments with the hotel management. They will be used as reference to improve the services we offer. I trust that measures taken will avoid the same issues from reoccurring in the future.

I hope you change you give us another chance to serve you better and get that excellent review score on your return.

Clayton G.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Good customer service and a pretty good price. Rooms were clean and we'll taken care of. Beds were ok to sleep in. I'd stay here again if needed but not my first choice in the area. They did do a good job of taking care of our guys whole we were there.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North East, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Hi Lee B,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North East for your lodging needs and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Rest assured that we are not stopping to find ways to keep our guests satisfied. Your pointers will help us identify specific areas to improve in order to provide the best customer service experience for all our guests deserve. Also, I can see that you had pleasant encounters with our hotel staff.

I am excited about your next review and stay with us because we can't wait to hear from you. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have additional concerns, Lee B!

All the best,

Peter J.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

I am a member of the travel plan, but we were given a really bad room. Along the roadway where traffic noise was loud through the night. Louder than the air/heat and the tv combined. The room condition was poor. When we checked in, the smoke alarm was hanging from the wall by its wires. I asked to have it fixed, which they did. The tub had rust stains, the cover to the ac/heat was broken and the wire exposed. One of the two wall lamps bulb was out. There is a nice chair in the corner of the room,but that entire side of the room had no lights. The hotel appeared to be relatively new, but poorly maintained. the breakfast was OK, but the attendant had a hard time keeping the small offerings available, including coffee. I would not stay at this hotel.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North East, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Hi Frank282856,

Thank you for your stay and for leaving a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is extremely important as this will help us to achieve our mission to provide the perfect guest experience. Our goal has always been to provide our guests with the best hospitality service and I regret to read that we did not meet your expectations when it comes to your breakfast experience, the room accommodations provided, and the cleanliness level of the property.

I have taken note of your comments and shared them with our management team to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements accordingly.

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Ingrid V.