All reviews first floor gas station room was clean desk clerk new england road trip travel plaza nice place to stay only stayed one night indoor pool waffle machine would definitely stay here again staff was friendly the breakfast area md interstate mile
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very clean and quiet despite being close to 95. Quick tip to get to it you have to drive into the gas station off of lumps street. The rooms are spacious and really close to North East. Would stay there again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Me and my wife were in town for one night because I had to officiate a wedding. I had booked a room and a popular website. After the wedding and reception, went to my email to open get the directions to the hotel that I booked for Charlestown, MD to find out it was 153 mile away. It was too late to cancel the reservation. So I went to the hotel that of the same name that was closest and they only had smoking rooms. The receptionist suggested Choice and called and found out that rooms were available. Not only was a room available but it was cheaper that the other room. Over all is was a good stay. Rooms were semi-updated.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

I have to start off by saying I have never posted a review for a hotel before, but could not let this moment pass without exposing the deploarable conditions of the Comfort Inn and Suites in North East MD. Unsanitary conditions - dust and dirt everywhere, sticky countertops, bugs, etc. made even worse by rude and nasty staff. Between the old, sunken in mattress and the noisy air conditioner, we did not sleep at all. When we addressed the hotel staff, they were argumentative and rude (Lacey was nasty as was the manager. Additionally, the woman who works the night shift seemed under the influence and certainly unwilling to help.) We were told the mattresses were new, but found a pile of new mattresses outside waiting to be brought in. Although their website indicates their pool and hot tub are being renovated, the reality is the entire second floor is an abomination. We were in town for my sister’s college graduation, and were unable to secure another hotel because it was Memorial Day weekend. It was a truly horrible experience.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Very good customer service. Pretty nice rooms comfortable beds and a very good experience overall. They made it an enjoyable stay while I was there. Would definitely stay here again and I would recommend it as well.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2017

My wife and I stayed here on our trip from Boston to NC and again on the way back. We choose this hotel because it's conveniently located and dog friendly.

Our stay was pleasant. The staff was helpful and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable.

However, we were supposed to get 5000 bonus points for our first stay (special promotion) but never got them. We were planning to use points to pay for the second stay, but ended up having to pay with a credit card.

I called the Comfort Inn support line afterwards to get them to award us the points then use those points to retroactively pay for the our second stay. They eventually awarded me the points but refused to apply them to our stay.

This seems very unfair and as a long-time and frequent Comfort Inn customer I am very disappointed. Hence the one star rating.

Date of stay: November 2017