“1/2 price bottle of wine Wednesdays”
Review of BOLDER food/drink

BOLDER food/drink
Ranked #2 of 50 Restaurants in Mount Airy
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Description: innovative seasonal menus emerging from the collision of ingredients and cultures to create BOLD flavors and new-American dishes.
Reviewed 6 November 2018

`We come here for the nice wines at 1/2 price but the food is very good too. We usually try to sit by the lovely "faux fireplace".

Date of visit: October 2018
bolder144, Manager at BOLDER food/drink, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

New Wine List coming next week -thank you and hope to see you back!

Reviewed 6 November 2018

Similar to some of the other mid-range dining options in the Mount Airy area, the dining room decor at BOLDER isn't exactly warm or the most inviting. However, the bar area and outdoor seating (weather permitting) are very nice. My wife and I often sit in the bar area; the only issue is its not that big so it can be difficult to find seating there. Decor and seating aside, the thing that sets BOLDER apart (and above) many of the other local options is their food, which is consistently good. I actually can't say that I've had anything there that's disappointed. My wife and I often split a few of the apps, since they are sizable and equally delicious. Some of our favorites include the crispy brussel sprouts, drunken mussels (awesome) and the crab and artichoke dip. I'm a fan of a good burger as well, though I'm amazed at how often restaurants can't get burgers right (generally, not cooked properly). BOLDER does burgers right. They are cooked to the requested temperature, tasty and messy (as any good burger should be). You'll need several napkins. On my last visit, I tried the Muffalata Stacked Sandwich which did not disappoint. The chicken was juicy and the seasoning was delicious. I'd be remiss if I didn't give a shout out to the bartenders, who are attentive, friendly and use fresh ingredients in their cocktails, which are as consistently tasty as the food options. Definitely would recommend visiting for a relaxed environment and food that won't disappoint.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

We visited in September. It was a lovely night, so we sat on the patio. Even tho the restaurant is right on the road, the road wasn't busy that night, and the patio is lovely, beautifully lit with planters, umbrellas, and even heaters (not needed the night we were there).
This place could easily be a regular stop for us but the bill was pretty high for one appetizer and a burger, with water to drink. The burger was good (according to the burger eater) and my appetizer was generously portioned and also good. Nonetheless, there are other places to eat with much fairer prices so I doubt we will return.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 14 October 2018

We went here for dinner on a Wednesday night and I was surprised at how crowded it was by the time we left. We were visiting the area but Bolder seems to be very popular with the locals. We enjoyed our meal and the good service. Our server was attentive but not annoying. I enjoyed their Beef Stroganoff, a large serving that came with a side salad, either Caesar or a Garden salad. I took half of it home for another meal. My husband had the cheesesteak sub and also brought half home. Our granddaughter was with us and she loved the dino nuggets they had for kids, shaped like little dinosaurs. We tried the pumpkin bread pudding for dessert. It was good but a little dry. I prefer more custard in my bread pudding. We sat inside but they did have a nice seating area, like a porch, outside. Parking was sufficient and I know we'll come again when we are visiting the area.

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

My friend & I were headed home from Baltimore, decided to get lunch so we looked on TripAdvisor for suggestions & found BOLDER! We were so glad we tried it! The menu has unique choices & we both enjoyed our delicious food, including yummy desserts! The staff were very friendly & when asked, offered opinions which were helpful to our selections. We’re already making plans to go back!!!