“Delicious Seafood, Wonderful Service”

Olive Grove Restaurant and Lounge
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2016

A client took me and a couple of colleagues to dinner on a Wednesday night around 6:30. The six of us were seated at a table and were quickly greeted by our waitress, who took our drink order. She was amiable and pleasant, and when she came back with drinks we ordered appetizers. We got two orders of oysters on the half shell (local oysters) – a half dozen in each order. After enjoying our oysters, wine, and beer, we eventually ordered entrees. The place is known for its crab cakes, and a couple ordered them. My boss ordered the Seafood Spectacular, which includes jumbo shrimp and scallops over penne and vegetables. One client ordered a veal dish, and I ordered Shrimp Creole (I’m originally from New Orleans and always like to try Cajun/Creole dishes in other parts of the country). I found the Shrimp Creole was very authentic and similar to what I’ve eaten in New Orleans, although this version is spicier than most, which I liked. Our waitress did a great job, keeping us all in drinks and stopping by at perfect intervals. I would recommend Olive Grove for a very nice, sit down dinner, whether for everyday meals or special occasions – everyone in our party thought their food was delicious and the portions were plentiful. And yes, those who got the crab cakes raved about them!

Reviewed 26 October 2016

This is not the widely known chain, it is a family style restaurant that also has unlimited salad and breadsticks. It has large delicious selections - our favorites include Chicken Parmesan, Eggplant, Lasagna, and many others. It is hard to save room for dessert but they have wonderful selections (so take one home?).

1  Thank BRAD4693
Reviewed 21 October 2016

The first place I went to couldn't accept credit cards so I went here as a second choice. I'm glad I did as it was good food.

I got the cream of crab soup to start and it was really good. Almost always when I go Italian, I eat Chicken Parm. I'm not a particularly adventurous eater and I'm not a fan of vegetables so i usually cant go wrong with chicken parm. This is also the measuring stick for how decent a place is as it seems to me that if you screw that up, your other dishes are likely not that great. Call me a chicken parm connoisseur. It was really good. Plenty of cheese and the chicken was crisp.

You also get bread and salad with your dinner. I barely ate any of the salad since the food was so good.

The service was excellent. My receipt says my server was Abdul. That guy was extremely attentive. I never had to ask for a refill of my drink. He was always there with a refill before my glass was empty.

I would definitely return when I'm in the area.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

I used to frequent the Olive Grove some 15-20 years ago and was excited about visiting the place again. I was pleased to discover that things are the way I remembered: the service was attentive and friendly, the food (bread sticks!) was tasty and serving sizes generous. However, the place has got really dated (carpet!) and in my view needs to be refreshed before long.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Disclosure: I came here for a banquet meal so didn't order off the menu. The food was good, considering it was served buffet style to about 100 attending the event. The sauces and flavors were good, although the chicken a bit dry. The rest of the restaurant seemed homey and comfortable. Parking was tight, and it did feel cramped all around. I can't speak to selection, but overall thought they did a good job with the buffet meal.