“Nothing fancy - BUT inexpensive”

Motel 6 La Vale-Cumberland
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in LaVale
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Probably the least fancy hotel in area. Definitely not a Hilton! BUT you are also not being charged an arm and a leg. Reasonable rate. I was looking at twice the rate at other nearby hotels. Friendly staff. Frig and microwave in rooms. Only drawback, older hotel and no breakfast served. But there are a lot of good nearby resteraunts. A Walmart and Shopping Mall are located behind the hotel. Large grocery store down the street. A good comfortable bed at a good rate. Nothing fancy. If you are a picky traveller, this hotel is probably not for you.

Room Tip: All rooms are off interrior hallway, except first floor. First floor rooms on back side are too is...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Tara D, General Manager at Motel 6 La Vale-Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Thank you so much for your review you hit it right in the head we do stay low in price due to we are older and no longer serve a breakfast. Put we all work very hard to keep up on what we got to keep guest coming back. So I hope to see you again the next time your in town!!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Beds hard and uncomfortable
Spider webs in corner of room above the sink and bathroom
Ever pitcher in the room and lights above beds were dirty look to bed months of dirt on them even behind the tv. Bed uncomfortable also as I was sleeping I had a roach crawling up my arm. That morning saw roach in sink and in bathroom.
I will never stay here again.. I will pay the extra amount and go some place else to stay.

Room Tip: Don't pay the 55.00 dollars to stay here spend a little more and go some were else...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Tara D, General Manager at Motel 6 La Vale-Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

I'm so very sorry that you had to deal with this. I wish you would have brought this to my attention when you checked out cause i have rented the room you were in to other guest for the past week that you say had roaches in it, i could have had this treated the day that you left. we have had no other complaints in this room but after reading your comments i now have my pest control company coming to treat that room. i will have a talk to my housekeeping department and let them know what they are missing. i will also get with the owner to let him know that it may be time to get new beds. I would also like to say that I'm sorry that we were not able to check you in early due to we booked out the night before, I know that upset you some. Thank you for your concerns I will work very hard to fix all of them.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

My rom smelled like cat urine. The room was dirty. I was waling in my white clean socks and they where black. The toilet looked like it had never been cleaned. There was a form of feces on the wall. Never again. No breakfast in the morning. I guess seeing all the dogs and cats in guest windows explained what the object on the wall/ NEVER AGAIN>>>I WOULD RATHER SLEEP IN MY CAR THAN TO STAY HERE AGAIN.

Room Tip: none to offer stay away
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Kristi S
Tara D, General Manager at Motel 6 La Vale-Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

I'm very sorry that your stay was horrible. We would have gladly moved you to another room to get you out of that one. I will be showing this to all housekeeping staff so they realize that they did below their job duties. Once again i'm very sorry you had to go through this

Reviewed 24 May 2017

I stayed here last night and found this Rodeway Inn to be questionable. It was expensive for me and came with nothing extra except Wifi. My room was very clean however and quiet. There were a lot of people milling about in the parking lot and there was even an RV there with people camping in it. They were hooked up to electricity too. I found this very strange. When I got into my room, a man was walking dogs outside my window. I was glad the curtains closed! I was very disappointed that this hotel didn't even offer a continental breakfast. They had coffee with powdered creamer and that was it. Bed was lumpy and TV was very tiny. Hotel hallway in my wing was uneven and warped under the carpet.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Tara D, General Manager at Motel 6 La Vale-Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

I will get with the owner to see if we can bring in breakfast. The people in the parking lot are people staying here most are with the delfest that's in town this week. The RV is a couple that has a room here and the RV broke down just waiting on a part to get it fixed. they stay in it through the day to get their kids adjusted too it cause they are going to do some traveling they pay for the use of electric. I will look into getting a new flat screen in that room.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

November 2016

I had pre-booked a room with two double beds and had the supporting documentation. Upon arrival I was advised that this room type was not available. I agreed to take a room with one king bed instead. I was then double-charged for this room, but the hotel management was quick to advise me the extra charge would disappear from my credit card (and it did, a few days later - no problems there). The room that was supposed to be one king-sized bed was one double bed only, so I did not get what I had paid for.

The bed itself was clean and satisfactory. Decent mattress and pillows. The hotel overall was quiet, so no problems getting a good night's sleep. The room was bare bones and had a slight musty/chemical smell, I am guessing from some type of rug cleaner (the rug itself was old and pretty dirty).

The bathroom and shower worked nicely. Clean and working toilet and sink. Shower curtain was mildew-free. Shower head had good water flow.

Hotel staff were friendly and accommodating, when it came to trying to fix the initial error with my room reservation.

Plenty of parking in the big parking area outside of reception.

Summary - this hotel will satisfy your needs for a quick stay by yourself, as a couple or with kids if you book and receive the right type of room. It is a sparse accommodation though. I would not recommend it for an extended stay of three or more days.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Tara D, General Manager at Motel 6 La Vale-Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2016

I'm very sorry that we didn't have the bed type you reserved. I'll be looking into that and see why that happened. I'll also have maintenance look at our king beds cause they should be kings not doubles. I'm sorry for the double charge as well glad we was able to take care of that for you and you didn't have to wait to long for it to get back on your card.

Also consider these accommodations in or near LaVale
1 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 5 in LaVale
1.5 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites La Vale - Cumberland

Been to Motel 6 La Vale-Cumberland? Share your experiences!