“It's OK.. Maybe for a single man with low standards ”

Motel 6 LA Vale-Cumberland
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in LaVale
Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

We came here on a construction job, my husband and I. We stayed with our group and this is the place they always choose..unfortunately.
Most of the employees are pleasant and nice; however, there is no presentation standards here apparently. We were greeted on the 5th night or so by a woman hanging out of her leopard print bra that just did cover her nips, showing off her cheap batman chest piece and wearing extremely tight and way too revealing unattractive sweatpants.. earphones in her ears so we repeated ourselves quite a bit.
The non-smoking rooms still have a smell to them, as well as the sheets and towels.
Pillows were comfortable but bed was mediocre. The carpet is dirty feeling and noise is ok.. but not quiet.
This is a place where people reside obviously.. and many of them aren't the type you would want to leave your belongings around or your children. I walked by quite a few questionable people in passing and cringed.. especially coming in alone at night. We even witnessed a pretty fowl mouthed, screaming break up in the parking lot and a possible drug deal.. unavoidable by the hotel staff of course.. but this is the people the place attracts.
Overall, it's a good price for a minimal stay. It's questionably clean but certainly not sanitary.
Not for children or women travelling alone (other than the ones seeking some hotel company with a side of prostitution).
Staff is quick and nice, to an extent.
Location is good as well.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Tara D, General Manager at Motel 6 LA Vale-Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2016

I'm very sorry you had to deal with that issue you had with our front desk staff I will be looking into this matter and taking care of it so it does not happen again. As you stated some of the things are out of our control, but doesn't mean we cant keep a better eye out for such things that you saw and get those matters handled the best way we can with the proper help. The carpets we are working on getting them cleaned as we can, we are pretty steady so it is taking us longer to get to most of the rooms but we are working hard to get them done as we can. I just want to say sorry again for you ok stay. We will work very hard to improve.

Reviewed 4 April 2016

The front desk staff was very friendly. The room was clean, beds were comfortable. I loved that I could open the window for fresh mountain air. Great water pressure in the shower. The interior of the hotel needed painting and the hallway floor felt weird, like the center board needed to be tacked down. We chose to eat out for breakfast as the hotel only provided cereal, toast, juice & coffee. Good wifi service. Overall, a very nice hotel and enjoyable stay. It was sold out the weekend of our stay but was quiet. Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. Very convenient to Frostburg and Cumberland.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Tara D, General Manager at Motel 6 LA Vale-Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2016

Thank you for taking the time to take our survey. I'm very glad to hear you had a nice stay, I will inform the staff to keep up the good work. I'll get with the owner to see about getting the outside of the building done and getting someone to come in and check the flooring

Reviewed 26 January 2016

I had a third floor room and was very quiet. The room itself was very clean and looked to be recently updated. I heard no hallway noise and no sounds from either of the neighboring rooms. The bed was soft and nice and overall the room was very clean. When I arrived the hotel professional that greeted me was very pleasant and helpful. Thank you very much!!!! Will definitely stay again!!!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Tara D, General Manager at Motel 6 LA Vale-Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2016

Thank You for taking the time to take our survey. I'll be letting our housekeeping staff to keep up the good work and to continue to work hard. I'll let the front desk know that they did a very good job and use this to make sure all other staff knows what needs to be done to make our guest happy. Thank You again and hope to see you soon!!!

Reviewed 15 December 2015 via mobile

In dire need of updating. Carpets feel greasy and the beds are old. I couldn't find the TV remote control which is negligent on part of management. I guess the price was fair but that doesn't mean abusing standards. Econo Lodge should monitor their hotels more.

Stayed: December 2015
Tara D, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 LA Vale-Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2015

Sorry that you were displeased with your stay. We will look into getting carpets professionally cleaned. Will get on our housekeepers to make sure they are checking every room for remotes. Will let the owner know that we need to start replacing beds. Tanks so much for you feedback

Reviewed 27 November 2015 via mobile

If I could rate this place a zero I would!When we made our reservations we were told that there was only 2 rooms left. My family and I have traveled 6 hours to visit family over the holiday. My fiancé had went outside to make sure his keycard worked and found out that all he had to do was push the door open it wasn't even locked... We had to literally push all of our weight into the door just to make sure it was lock, then from the outside we had to pull the door. When we got to our room we were in disgust we have NEVER felt so dirty!!!! The carpet was filthy, comforters had holes in them. The ice bucket had left over water in it and appeared to have mold on the lid. No toilet seat covers. We walked around in our shoes and I was half tempted to sleep in them. The next morning I woke up from not being able to breathe. There is something in the ac/heater that I'm allergic to. I took my daughter down to their "breakfast" and our options was cereal/donut and juice or coffee. Sorry that is an everyday breakfast at school. It is not worth the money nor my health to stay here. This place needs to be condemned for health and safety reasons and something else needs to be built!!!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Tara D, asst. manager at Motel 6 LA Vale-Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2015

I'm so very sorry for your very bad stay. We are sorry for the locks but they are shipped out to be fixed, we are just waiting on their return. I will be looking into the housekeeping staff, we may need to do some new hiring to fix our housekeeping issue. We have never had toilet seat covers but that is something we can look into getting. Again I'm very sorry you had a terrible stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near LaVale
1 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 5 in LaVale
1.5 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites La Vale - Cumberland

Been to Motel 6 LA Vale-Cumberland? Share your experiences!