“Needs Updating”

Motel 6 LA Vale-Cumberland
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in LaVale
Reviewed 15 December 2015 via mobile

In dire need of updating. Carpets feel greasy and the beds are old. I couldn't find the TV remote control which is negligent on part of management. I guess the price was fair but that doesn't mean abusing standards. Econo Lodge should monitor their hotels more.

Stayed: December 2015
Tara D, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 LA Vale-Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2015

Sorry that you were displeased with your stay. We will look into getting carpets professionally cleaned. Will get on our housekeepers to make sure they are checking every room for remotes. Will let the owner know that we need to start replacing beds. Tanks so much for you feedback

Reviewed 27 November 2015 via mobile

If I could rate this place a zero I would!When we made our reservations we were told that there was only 2 rooms left. My family and I have traveled 6 hours to visit family over the holiday. My fiancé had went outside to make sure his keycard worked and found out that all he had to do was push the door open it wasn't even locked... We had to literally push all of our weight into the door just to make sure it was lock, then from the outside we had to pull the door. When we got to our room we were in disgust we have NEVER felt so dirty!!!! The carpet was filthy, comforters had holes in them. The ice bucket had left over water in it and appeared to have mold on the lid. No toilet seat covers. We walked around in our shoes and I was half tempted to sleep in them. The next morning I woke up from not being able to breathe. There is something in the ac/heater that I'm allergic to. I took my daughter down to their "breakfast" and our options was cereal/donut and juice or coffee. Sorry that is an everyday breakfast at school. It is not worth the money nor my health to stay here. This place needs to be condemned for health and safety reasons and something else needs to be built!!!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Tara D, asst. manager at Motel 6 LA Vale-Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2015

I'm so very sorry for your very bad stay. We are sorry for the locks but they are shipped out to be fixed, we are just waiting on their return. I will be looking into the housekeeping staff, we may need to do some new hiring to fix our housekeeping issue. We have never had toilet seat covers but that is something we can look into getting. Again I'm very sorry you had a terrible stay.

Reviewed 19 October 2015

The location of the hotel is good. The hotel is way past its prime and really needs updating. The security lock on the side door is broken, and was taped over. It felt like there were holes in the 2nd floor hallway- that were carpeted over. It was a serious trip hazard. The room had a really dirty feel to it, like everything needed to be steam cleaned. There was a real minimal breakfast- no coffee pot in the room, the alarm clock was broken, the old tv did not have a working clicker, and our room door did not latch unless you pulled it shut. Lots of construction workers stay there, and hang out at tables outside smoking.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Tara D, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 LA Vale-Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2015

I'm very sorry you did not enjoy your stay. The locks have been sent away to be fixed that is why they are taped over. Thank you for letting me know about the carpets we will be calling to get those cleaned.

Reviewed 2 September 2015

I tend to go to cheap hotels. So I opted to drive five miles outside Cumberland for this property. It looks a little dirty on the outside, but it is what is on the inside that counts. The door to the office sticks. They don't bother to put a sign up, so it appears that the door is locked when it really isn't. They apparently sell their rooms by the month, so there were people outside that probably lived there. The inside room was nice. There was a view of the mountains if you looked for it. There were a number of options for food in the area, but Applebee's is the closest. The door to the stairway says that you need a card to enter, but you didn't. It was probably kept unlocked for the monthly tenants. I liked the free wifi, even though it occasionally dropped. Also liked that they had a microwave and refrigerator. They offer a "continental" breakfast, which basically means cereal and juice. I skipped it and went to the Bob Evans down the street. There is also a Denny's within driving distance.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank travelwriter52
Tara D, Manager at Motel 6 LA Vale-Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2015

Thank You for taking the time to take our online survery. Sorry that the front door seemed like it was look I will make sure we have a sign to put up so guest know we r open. I will also look into the side door to make sure that gets taking care of. thanks for letting us know your concerns. We will do everything we can to fix those issues and to make the guest stay enjoyable

Reviewed 9 July 2015

We have stay here several times before because it was worth paying $55.86. Every other time I said that the rooms are ok for the price and just a place to lay your head..This time I would have sleep on the floor if the carpert was cleaner..The beds in this room was so bad I didn't sleep good at all and had to drive 6 hours the next morning...The shower head also was very poor needs to be clean...I told the front desk person that morning and all she could say was I will tell the maintence man..WHat she said about the beds if I say it,it might get her in trouble...(ie thats the owner for you) so I think that I will look for another place to stay like the Super 8 which is just around the coner..Yes, I know I will have to pay allittle more but that it might be better because maybe I can get a good nite sleep...So if you do stay here don't stay in room 330 not unless you don't want to sleep and freeze when you turn the a/c because it has no knob on it...

Room Tip: If you stay on the even side make sure you keep yoour curtain close...face parking lot