US$112
US$104
US$64
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$74/night.

US$92
US$147
US$127
US$133
US$90
US$118
Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland(Cumberland)(Great Value!)
US$105
SleepInn
US$179
US$143
Groupon.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$164/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 October 2015

The location of the hotel is good. The hotel is way past its prime and really needs updating. The security lock on the side door is broken, and was taped over. It felt like there were holes in the 2nd floor hallway- that were carpeted over. It was a serious trip hazard. The room had a really dirty feel to it, like everything needed to be steam cleaned. There was a real minimal breakfast- no coffee pot in the room, the alarm clock was broken, the old tv did not have a working clicker, and our room door did not latch unless you pulled it shut. Lots of construction workers stay there, and hang out at tables outside smoking.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Tara D, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 La Vale-Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2015

I'm very sorry you did not enjoy your stay. The locks have been sent away to be fixed that is why they are taped over. Thank you for letting me know about the carpets we will be calling to get those cleaned.

Reviewed 2 September 2015

I tend to go to cheap hotels. So I opted to drive five miles outside Cumberland for this property. It looks a little dirty on the outside, but it is what is on the inside that counts. The door to the office sticks. They don't bother to put a sign up, so it appears that the door is locked when it really isn't. They apparently sell their rooms by the month, so there were people outside that probably lived there. The inside room was nice. There was a view of the mountains if you looked for it. There were a number of options for food in the area, but Applebee's is the closest. The door to the stairway says that you need a card to enter, but you didn't. It was probably kept unlocked for the monthly tenants. I liked the free wifi, even though it occasionally dropped. Also liked that they had a microwave and refrigerator. They offer a "continental" breakfast, which basically means cereal and juice. I skipped it and went to the Bob Evans down the street. There is also a Denny's within driving distance.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank travelwriter52
Tara D, Manager at Motel 6 La Vale-Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2015

Thank You for taking the time to take our online survery. Sorry that the front door seemed like it was look I will make sure we have a sign to put up so guest know we r open. I will also look into the side door to make sure that gets taking care of. thanks for letting us know your concerns. We will do everything we can to fix those issues and to make the guest stay enjoyable

Reviewed 9 July 2015

We have stay here several times before because it was worth paying $55.86. Every other time I said that the rooms are ok for the price and just a place to lay your head..This time I would have sleep on the floor if the carpert was cleaner..The beds in this room was so bad I didn't sleep good at all and had to drive 6 hours the next morning...The shower head also was very poor needs to be clean...I told the front desk person that morning and all she could say was I will tell the maintence man..WHat she said about the beds if I say it,it might get her in trouble...(ie thats the owner for you) so I think that I will look for another place to stay like the Super 8 which is just around the coner..Yes, I know I will have to pay allittle more but that it might be better because maybe I can get a good nite sleep...So if you do stay here don't stay in room 330 not unless you don't want to sleep and freeze when you turn the a/c because it has no knob on it...

Room Tip: If you stay on the even side make sure you keep yoour curtain close...face parking lot
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael W
Tara D, Manager at Motel 6 La Vale-Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2015

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guest.

Reviewed 15 June 2015

The vestibule for the elevator is not real clean or inviting. Elevator smells of smoke. Carpet in the hallway needs to be replaced - 2 years ago. Once in the room, things were fine. Bed was comfortable as were the pillows. It was clean and comfortable. No coffee maker but the refrigerator and microwave were in good working condition. Breakfast is spartan but the check-in and checkout was smooth and quick. $116 for 2 nights and we were satisfied.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2015

It is an older hotel. Could use updating. Nothing fancy -basic service - very light breakfast. Nice having microwave and refrigerator. We felt safe. For the cost, it's a great deal. Half the cost of nearby hotels.

Room Tip: 1st floor have separate outside entrance. 2nd & 3rd floor share hallway.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends