“Good drinks”

Irie Bar & Grille
Ranked #4 of 60 Restaurants in Lanham
Cuisines: American, Jamaican
Reviewed 9 July 2016

I went to Irie for a birthday lunch. The rum punch was good. My vegetarian meal left much to be desired. The bartender was unfamiliar with the menu, the kitchen was changing availability of food and my sister's portions were petite compared to the price. I would suggest this restaurant for drinks with friends. The decor is nice.

Reviewed 3 May 2016

I was warned by my friends who wanted to visit this restaurant, that the service was slow. So I stopped in at Wegmans next door and got a snack to hold me over. Good thing I did.
The place is nicely very done, but the music was a bit loud, not too loud. We placed orders and waited, and waited all the while being harassed by a couple of fruit flies. There was one other party inside the restaurant and they were being served as we were ordering. No one checked on in on us in the interim.

Thirty minutes went by then a young lady who later informed me that she was the manager arrived with our meals. We thank her and I proceed to ask her why our meals took as long as they did, she said it should have take 15-20 minutes and she will find out what was the hold up and let us know.

The meals we good not specular however the presentation was lacking. Our waiter did not show up to inquire however there were lots of staff milling around, the chef momentarily appeared to look at the basketball game on TV.

After sitting for 20 minutes with an empty water glass, we beckoned a young lady who was cleaning the table next to ours and immediately she graciously refilled our glasses and told us to please let her know if we need anything. We requested the check and our waiter appeared, apologized and informed us that he was the only one on duty.
As we left the restaurant 45 minutes later the manager still had not return as promised. She was busy field complaints from the table that was seated 15minutes after we sat down.

Reviewed 10 April 2016

Went for Sunday Brunch today. Disappointed that they no longer had the buffet, but the food off the Sunday Brunch menu was excellent! Better than before. Service was also great. Will be adding this to our regular Sunday after church rotation.

Reviewed 17 March 2016 via mobile

Excellent. Food and service. Extensive. Menu. Tapas and fill plates. For. Everyone ,renovated. Space. Classy dining room. Bar. And lounge. Love it will definitely. Be back

Reviewed 26 October 2015

If you want some breakfast food during brunch, you'll have a very, very, very small choice to choose from. The only thing they serve are omelets, bacon, and turkey bacon, oh and small size waffles. No sausage, grits, potatoes, scrabbled eggs, pancakes, biscuits, etc. For lunch you have a variety of options. Good thing the food for lunch was pretty good, which is the only reason why I'm rating this review as (Very Good), and the staff is extremely nice, and the music makes you want to get up and dance.