“My go to when I'm in the area”
Review of Just Jerk

Just Jerk
Ranked #3 of 59 Restaurants in Lanham
Cuisines: Caribbean
Description: 301-459-5375
Description: 301-459-5375
Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

I usually order a small jerk white meat platter which is a generous breast portion sliced and served over a bed of rice and peas and a small amount of cabbage and comes with about 3-4 plantains, all in a round tin. I love the cabbage so much that I order a small side of it. The portions are generous. This isn't spicy jerk. Its flavorful and not dry at all. They actually smoke their meat. Some of these Caribbean spots don't. I prefer to call ahead so my order can be ready and waiting for me. They can get pretty crowded at lunch time and its small inside. This is a straight up carry out, they have a few chairs to wait in but it's not a dine in restaurant. I go maybe once a month. It's pretty good and I'm very picky.

1  Thank Camille M

Reviewed 28 April 2016

It took me years to finally get there. I had read an article, I believe, by the Washington Post. They went on to say that it was worth a trip.
I finally made that trip. I suppose the anticipation was more than my palette could handle. The food was OK, but I expected more. With jerk, I'm looking for some HEAT! Didn't find it here.

I always say, "Impress me the first time I walk in because there's a good chance I won't be back."

1  Thank Warren W
Reviewed 17 February 2016

You will find nothing but Authentic Jamaican food here! Look no place other than this delicious café... If your taste buts are yearning for that Jerk Chicken or Curry Goat come and enjoy the absolute best here at the lanham Just Jerk! It will keep you coming back for more.

Reviewed 28 September 2015 via mobile

I went there several times and the food there is great. Don't expect to get ox's tail because it is a jerk joint but it is a good place to get a healthy meal call and order your meal because they sold out before closing time a lot of days, that goes to show you how much the food is good. So don't go there 8pm on week days and get mad when they tell you food is finish,

Reviewed 12 September 2015

Carry out only, this jerk restaurant has excellent jerk chicken. I had the large dark meat jerk chicken platter. Comes in a large tin with red beans and rice, cabbage, and grilled plantains. The chicken was nicely charred, not burned and very juicy. A lot of jerk places try to make it as hot as possible. This place focuses more on flavor than heat - with a hint of nutmeg or cinnamon.
The menu is somewhat limited, but the selection is more so. Though on the menu - they were not serving wings or white meat chicken on my visit. In fact, they were not taking orders at all when I came in - waiting for the next batch to be finished on the grill. Once the birds were ready - they resumed taking orders. No one seemed to mind the eccentricity or wait - and it was well worth it. Service with a smile and I'll be back again soon.

2  Thank rbrech

Been to Just Jerk? Share your experiences!