All reviews first floor room was clean place to stay the breakfast area parking lot staff was friendly flat screen fast food fresh fruit desk clerk continental breakfast pet dog exit baltimore microwave
Reviewed 16 May 2018

I'll just give you a few very honest observations as I travel frequently in my profession:

1.) It was a surprise the first morning when I had lukewarm shower water at best in the morning (the other reviews said the same thing, but I was hoping that the hotel renovation would have taken care of issues like that). However, I was told by the hotel front desk staff later that night that a plumber was called to fix the hot water issues. I'm into a third night stay and I haven't had this problem again.

2.) I don't get consistent service from the housekeeping staff. On two of the three nights so far, they have not dropped off shampoo (and the same for cups - cups were not dropped off my 2nd night here). I did follow up and ask for it - but these are basic things need to be done every time they are cleaning the room.

3.) While the decor of the rooms seems to be better, due to the design of the room, the soundproofing is somewhat weak. There are hardwood floors in the entryway and the bathroom - and consequently, you can hear everyone slamming their doors. It can be very disruptive if you are trying to sleep - or work.

4.) The hotel toilet in my room runs at times - if you shake it, it will stop running.

6.) The breakfast area on the first floor is in a very small suite with no room at all (for some weird reason as others have mentioned, it appears to be under a state of perpetual renovation). You can see the makings of a good breakfast area, but there's no sense of a timeline when it will be open.

7.) While the breakfast offerings are slim (** will never be on the quality of a Marriott or Hilton **), you know that going into your stay at a La Quinta Inn and Suites that the breakfast isn’t going to be as good as the other chains. However, other La Quinta Inn and Suites do have more meat choices - at least bacon - but this one seems to only have sausage patties. Other La Quinta Inn and Suites seems to have hard boiled eggs - but this location doesn’t have this option. In short, the protein choices are limited at best if you compare it to other La Quinta Inn and Suites locations.

9.) The parking lot still seems to be under a state of perpetual renovation. This is consistent with other reviews on the site.

9.) The hotel staff were very responsive to my requests for wakeup calls - and I appreciate that. I misplaced my cell phone inside my car - and they were cool enough to call for me so I could find it.

10.) There is a restriction on people smoking within 25 feel of the property - and it is not enforced.

11.). The hotel staff does not inform guests when they are doing fire alarm tests. This is substantially annoying and can be disruptive. While I know it’s important to perform these compliance tests, perhaps the manager can inform the guests when these tests occur.

12.). The grade for this hotel is probably a C minus / C hotel, but it’s not a D. It is not a property that gets a C+ or above. It just doesn’t perform at that level to get a grade like that. I didn’t want to give it a poor, though, because that would be too low.

13.) This isn't a place anyone should ever pay more than $80 - $90 if they are paying their own money to stay here. It's not worth more than that. If you stay here, it should be because you are so tired, you can't move as there are better choices. I am a regular Marriott rewards member - and I stay there frequently. I just happened to get a very good deal to stay here with some points from work travel – the rate was too good to pass up - but the quality is not that of a Marriott or a Hilton property. I don’t think La Quinta strives to get there, either, though, because that isn’t the modus operandi of the chain, so I know that going in. In short, would I pay full price or even the AAA rate to stay here with my own cash? The answer is no to that question.

14.) I would actually like to get refunded for that 1st night's stay where I had no hot water - and some of my points back. I do plan to talk to the manager about this or to La Quinta Inn and Suites Customer Service.

Stayed: May 2018
2  Thank Matthew W
LQ2046GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

I am so sorry for the many disruptions during your stay. We strive for excellence and we clearly failed. Thank you for speaking with me and allowing me to make it right. I hope you will give us another chance after renovations to enjoy the many upgrades.

BSloan GM

Reviewed 16 May 2018

What an uncomfortable stay. Hotel was being renovated "for future improvements". What about current guests. Was never informed that there would be the mess from construction. Mud everywhere, grass and landscaping not maintained. Parking a distance from entrance because of construction. No hot water. Toilet did not work properly, phone did not work. Satisfaction guaranteed - NOT!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Please accept my humble apology for your experience during our major renovations at La Quinta Inn & Suites. We are constantly striving for excellence in service and product and we failed. I hope you will give us another chance after renovations to enjoy the many upgrades.
BSloan, GM

Reviewed 13 May 2018

Hard to give a review because the construction impacted the quality of my stay. Lobby was not accessible. Parking was limited. Everything else was good. Was not told when I booked the room about construction.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ Customer Car... T, LQ Customer Care at La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Joy,

Thank you so much for sharing your review and giving us an honest look at the guest experience in our hotel. We are pleased that you had a good stay overall. However, we apologize for the issues with our renovation. Hopefully you'll visit us again when all our new offerings are ready. It would be such a pleasure to welcome you back to our new and improved hotel!

Diana - LQ Customer Care

Reviewed 8 May 2018

Evening staff is great! Familiar face for many yrs. nice remodel. All smoke free! But the 25ft distance from thebldg.should be marked for those addicted and must smokesometime it is necessary to park on the road which is a dead end and Safe

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ Customer Car... T, LQ Customer Care at La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Gail,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you staying at La Quinta Inns and Suites and hope to see you again!

Diana - LQ Customer Care

Reviewed 7 May 2018

I had reservations, but when I saw the condition of this hotel I intended to drive on. The desk attendant was really nice, helped me figure out how to get close enough to unload (the exterior is all fenced off and under construction), and I was very tired so I stayed. After unloading my belongings and pets and ordering dinner, I found that the air conditioner in my room barely ran! The thermostat would only go down to 65, so that is where I set it (it was HOT and stuffy in there) and I put the fan on high. Hours later, it was barely tolerable in the room (still very warm and stuffy, the a/c barely produced any air, was barely cool). I went to bed, and woke up around midnight burning up. I went to the window to see if it was cooler outside, and found that the window was unlocked and the lock was broken! There was no way to lock it! Because of the late hour (I did not want to get up in the middle of the night to gather all of my belongings and pets and relocate), I did not call the front desk. I tried to go back to sleep, but between the heat and the window that would not lock, I could not sleep (I am a single woman traveling alone). This was an awful night:( I finally got up at 4 am, got ready and left, lacking sleep and having a 9 hour drive ahead of me :(

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ2046GM, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Please accept our apologies for the ongoing renovations and faulty air conditioner. We are constantly striving to improve in both product and service and your valuable feedback is important. Rest assured, we will address the issues immediately. We hope you give us another chance so you may enjoy the many upgrades being done.