“Nice night away from home.”

Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
Reviewed 8 August 2017

We're locals, the power was out at our home due to storm damage. We decided we needed A/C and quiet, as all of our neighbors at home were running noisy generators. We booked this using rewards points. We had a good stay overnight. Courtyard Hunt Valley, is clean, quiet, and accommodating. All staff members we interacted with were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Our patio on the peaceful courtyard was nice. Wow this Courtyard has a courtyard!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 July 2017

My family of four stayed here for one night. It was a solid "okay" as the rooms were dated. However it was clean, quiet and did the job for our brief stay. It is very convenient to a nearby strip mall of stores and to the Hunt Valley train station that takes you into Baltimore. We used it to go to the Orioles game. I used points to stay at the hotel so I can't exactly complain about the price.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2017

Understaffed, the one lady working there all night long was overwhelmed.
We had a clean room it was fine but when the fire alarm was going off in the morning, she was on the phone with the volunteer FD that called. Hmmmm, they called because this happens so often! They came out and deemed no fire, so we could go back in and wait another 20mins while they figured out how to shut it down. Then 25 mins later it was going off again! We left and saw the firetruck stopped at a light. Something tells me this happens a lot!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
CY-GM-HV-MD, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Hi Moma2girls, Thanks for taking time to share your feedback. Words cannot express how sorry we are for having the alarm system malfunction in the manner it did, especially at that time. This is not something that could have been predicted and the staff did everything possible to rectify once deemed all clear. Again our sincere apologies and we hope you will give us another chance if back in the future...

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Check in fast and friendly . Staffs are helpful and pleasant .
Great location on quiet street. Down the road there is big retail stores , movie theater, wegman supermarket ( my favorite), shopping and many other restaurant . Further down on York rd, there are a lot more to choose.
Room decent , same courtyard not updated like the newer version. Clean and functional . Deco not updated yet.
Pool is nice and clean. Gym have treadmills and row machine .dumbells too.
Overall a good hotel to stay.
Price on the high side. I paid $130 per night . $95-$99 would be fair .

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
CY-GM-HV-MD, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Hi Jt93664, thanks for taking time to share your feedback! We were so excited to hear the comments about the staff, the new fitness equipment, and the local shopping and dining options. Our property is also scheduled for a renovation to update the decor, so we hope you'll be back in the area again to check it out. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 11 June 2017

The Marriott Courtyard chain was designed primarily for the business traveler it would seem. In that context, I would rate the hotel amenities as meeting these requirements very well and would recommend this property for the business traveler. The close proximity to rail travel into town is a big plus in that regard.

As an older pleasure traveler, I am tempted to provide a more critical review but will temper my opinions by reviewing the facts as I see them. The reader can decide for themselves.

1. I was disappointed breakfast was not free. Complimentary hot breakfast is become commonplace across the country but not in Courtyard.
2. I thought the room price was higher than supported by the amenities.
3. No room service and no bellman to help with luggage.
4. The room had a fridge (no freezer compartment) and no Microwave. We take ice-packs that require a freezer and hot-packs that require microwave.
5. Rooms, carpets furniture seemed dated but clean.
6. TV is a hi-def flat screen but the cable service does not provide an online viewable menu or menu channel. There are no HDMI input sockets to the TV which rules out connecting a laptop.
7. A printed list of available channels is provided but there is no way to determine what may be playing real time. The alternative is to slowly scroll through each channel, wait for the commercial to end to discover what program may be playing.
8. Internet is complimentary unless you want to stream video etc. Then it cost $5 per day which I do not find unreasonable.
9. Bed was a bit lopsided but not entirely uncomfortable. That is, I have slept on worse.
10. Personnel very friendly and helpful.
11. Limited carts (they had to go find one for us). We are travelling for almost 2 weeks and must haul in considerable “stuff”.
12. The surrounding area is very business oriented with enormous shopping opportunities close by.
13. The shower is fantastic. Clearly assembled before the low-flow virus was unleashed on the unwilling public.
14. There is light train transportation with easy access very close to this hotel. I would assume this would provide great access to downtown Baltimore without staying downtown.

I came to realize as a 77 year old person, walking up and down halls of a large hotel (with gout) looking for a cart isn’t one of the amenities I seek in a hotel. I suppose I am unaccustomed to booking the older large hotels of the past and tend to book into the smaller nice hotels found along the highways. Alas, Bellmen and room service are becoming a thing of the past.

I must also confess we had two previous nights on the road where the hotels were far superior and much cheaper. This hotel’s location and surrounding competition must be reason for the higher rates and reduced amenities. I realized the first morning that my dissatisfaction was enough to try and find another place to finish our 3 day visit. However, I must admit I could not find one where packing everything up and moving would be worth it. Besides, who knows if they would be any better?

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
CY-GM-HV-MD, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Hi VBasic, thank you for taking time to share your recent experience! Though rates in this area do fluctuate throughout the year, I would be happy to assist you on your next trip to identify which is best for your travel needs. One of the Great benefits of being a Marriott traveler is the diverse portfolio of brands our guests have to choose from along with the different services and amenities which follow respectively. Thanks for your loyalty and we hope to serve you again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hunt Valley
5.2 km away
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium

Been to Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!