“From a seafood aficianado”
Review of Phillips Seafood

Phillips Seafood
Ranked #60 of 121 Restaurants in Hanover
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, Soups
Description: Now serving a new, enhanced menu of Maryland-style favorites, including Phillips' famous lump crab cakes, savory seafood soups, blackened fish, and a selection of sandwiches and wraps. Phillips Seafood Express offers a quick way to fuel up and get back to the Maryland Live! action - order at the counter and we'll start preparing your meal right away!
Reviewed 7 March 2017

Seafood is my all time favorite and I remember year back when Phillips used to have the best, but this was just so-so and portions were small compared to the price. Choices were also limited.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

Stopped for a quick meal before going out on the casino floor. We both ordered a shrimp salad wrap, only to be told while waiting for our order that they were out of wraps and shrimp salad. They gave us a crab cake sandwich, for the same price (which was good). However, that's where "good" stopped! The crab cake and the waffle fries were really greasy, so much so that you could see the grease on my finger tips. And, that grease settled in my stomach, so that my stomach was queasy throughout the day. I had to drink warm soda to try to settle it. We will not go to Phillips again.

MarylandLive, Manager at Phillips Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

I'm sorry about your recent experience. I'm not sure why the Crab Cake and Fries were so greasy but I will look into it. Thank you for your review and I hope you will give us another try.

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

Check the box before you leave!
I've never had an issue before but this time when I ordered my crab cakes to go- I was very upset when I opened the box at home! A crab cake and a half!

MarylandLive, Manager at Phillips Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2016

Thank you for your review and I'm very sorry about your crab cake. I hope you will give us another chance and if you do please ask for me while you're in so that I can personally make sure your order is up to our standard. My name is Eric.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

Maybe we picked the right time -- midday on Saturday -- so the restaurant wasn't overly crowded, but we thought the service was great and the food was better than we'd prepared ourselves to eat.
Don't expect a lot of wonderful seafood at lunch, and we never saw one of the highly touted crab cakes, but everything was pretty fresh and the popular dishes were being constantly refilled.
Maybe crab cakes are at the lunch counter-style restaurant just outside the buffet.
We left happy, and intend to return some day.

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your recent experience and I hope to see you back again soon to try one of our delicious Crab cakes.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

That NY Steak and eggs meal was awesome for breakfast at Maryland Live. You get to use your reward points from the casino, is just terrific, awesome, the best.

Thank you for your review and I'm glad you enjoyed your recent experience at Phillips. We hope to see you again soon.