“Hidden Fees - Total Scam!”

Medieval Times Maryland Castle
Book In Advance
More Info
US$59.99*
and up
Medieval Tours Dinner and Tournament in Maryland
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Hanover
Reviewed 8 October 2017

I was charged at least $8 in "processing fees." I bought my tickets on-site. This fee is NOT advertised on the rate sheet nor anywhere I saw at the box office. It is not even itemized on your ticket (neither are taxes). I had to ask when I realized I had been overcharged. I then asked for a receipt and then waited and waited and never received one. This is a total scam and cannot be legal. Could you imagine if all merchants charged you a "processing fee" and did not tell you about before or after or give you a receipt? The show itself was disappointing. The acoustics are poor, so you can't hear what the actors are saying. Service is extremely slow. It took us over an hour to get a drink. The show was not very entertaining. I would not recommend. Adult ticket starts at $70 when you include taxes and fees.

MTMaryland, Guest Relations Manager at Medieval Times Maryland Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Hello and thank you for your feedback. Please email us directly at Maryland@medievaltimes.com and please include the name your reservation was under, your show date and time and the color section and table number you sat at. We will forward this information to our management staff to research and reach back out to you.

All reviews
"fun experience"
in 7 reviews
"have a good time"

Reviewed 23 September 2017

I took my family there to celebrate my youngest son's birthday and everyone had a blast! The food was pretty good if you don't mind eating with your fingers.

MTMaryland, Guest Relations Manager at Medieval Times Maryland Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Hello and thank you for choosing to celebrate your son's birthday here at our castle. We hope he had a great birthday "knight" to remember.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

A wonderful show with very talented performers. I was mesmerized. Great theatrics, lighting, showmanship and atmosphere. We were served a delicious dinner. Service was friendly and efficient.

Good for all ages. I will definitely go again.

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you had a "knight' to remember.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Corny but fun! A little pricey but worth it since you get a nice meal and a great show. You just have to "roll with it" and have a good time. The horses are amazing. I would do it again!

MTMaryland, Public Relations Manager at Medieval Times Maryland Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback and attending the show. We hope to see you again!

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I decided to take my child here for dinner. She's crazy about knights, princesses, and all things medieval so I figured she would have a great time. And she did!

This place is inside a shopping mall, which takes a little bit of the nostalgia away. Once you're inside however, you are transported back in time. Everyone is dressed the part and calling you "my lord" and "my lady." The show was wonderful. The horses were amazing, and my daughter was really getting into the spirit of the show.

I know no one comes here for the food but I though i'd give a little review about that as well. First of all, you can't really order. They give you a preset menu. Soup, bread, chicken, potato, and desert. You can have a choice of soda, water, or ice tea. Of course you can order spirits such as beer and other things for extra charge.

Now onto the food. The tomato soup, literally tasted like Campbell's tomato soup. The bread looked and tasted like those frozen garlic bread form the grocery store, and the desert tasted like those pound cake from grocery store. The soup was served from what looked like a coffee pot which was a little off-putting. The pound cake was served cold.

Not all about the food is bad. For the main course, they will give you half a chicken, and it was moist and delicious!

Overall, I highly recommend this place to anyone who has kids. The kids will have a good time.

MTMaryland, Guest Relations Manager at Medieval Times Maryland Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Hello Lady Noel,
I am glad to hear that you and your child had a "knight" to remember! We love the chicken too!