US$101
US$129
Fairfield Inn
US$134
US$121
All reviewspool tablearundel millsshuttle driverlobby areabusiness tripfree shuttlefront desk clerkindoor poolthe maryland live casinoenjoyed my staybwi airportaloftsmallelementikeamirrormd
Reviewed 14 December 2015 via mobile

Nothing spectacular but perfect for what is needed as an airport hotel. Always enjoy the free bottle of water and all the snacks in the lobby to select from. Free shuttle. Good location. Clean and friendly staff. Indoor pool if you have kids or enjoy pools

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kathyfm1
Dan J, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2016

Thank you so much for your response. Your comments concerning the cleanliness of the hotel and the location are most appreciated.

I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 1 December 2015

I spent a night here with my wife and 2 kids, I used an aggregator site to get a good price, I was really just looking for something close to the airport as we were flying out of BWI the next morning.

I'd never stayed at an Aloft before, I assume the amenities and room layouts are fairly standardized, but I was quite pleased overall with the experience.

The staff was very helpful and accommodating, they even let me use the front desk computer to print out our flight boarding passes. My young kids loved the pool table in the lounge, and I was impressed that the bar had Heavy Seas Loose Cannon IPA on tap (a great beer!). We also took advantage of the indoor pool, it wasn't huge and wasn't super warm but we enjoyed our quick dip.

We had a room with 2 queen beds, I liked the lay-out (the beds were in the back 2/3 of the room, while the closet and bathroom took up the front 1/3 of the room). We faced a mall, a casino and the highway, I didn't notice any street noise until about 7 a.m. the next morning.

We also used the shuttle to get to a nearby restaurant for dinner, and to get to the airport for our flight. Both drivers were personable and professional.

If I ever need a hotel near BWI in the future, I would likely look at the Aloft Arundel Mills as a top option.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the highway
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Counterweight

Thank you so much for your response.

Your great comments concerning the bar, pool and shuttle service are most appreciated. I look forward to seeing you and your family in the future.

Reviewed 18 November 2015

Simplistic hotel that offers clean sleek lines with comfortable beds and plenty of work space. Easy walking distance to many area restaurants and a short car or taxi ride to the Maryland Live Casino and Mall. Staff greeted us right away and were happy to answer questions.

Room Tip: Rooms all seem good and plenty of parking.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank pfg88

Thank you for your response.

It was great to hear that you enjoyed the location so close to Marlyand Live Casino. Thank you so much for your kind words to the staff that goes a long way.

I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 13 November 2015

I stayed in this hotel for 11 nights. There was one gentleman at night that was great. If it wasn't for him, I would give it a 1 rating. The phone and alarm clock never got fixed, even after I told them 3 or 4 times that they were broken. I was there for business. Our company negotiated breakfast for everyone there, but I only got it twice because of their inflexible policies. They billed my company credit card for a small amount 7 days after I checked out and could never produce a receipt. I finally had to call AMEX to contest the bill. In trying to get the receipt, I made at least 6 phone calls. They sent at least 6 of the wrong receipt. Tried to use the courtesy van to come pick us up from dinner twice. Once, it only took them 45 minutes to pick us up. The other time it took an hour and a half. The AC and the fridge were both pretty loud as well.

SPG is a joke. I should have a lot of points for an 11 night stay. Because it was paid for by one person paying for all the rooms and a negotiated rate, I got 32 points for the $16 I spent in the lobby. Go to Hilton or Marriott. The only reason I would go to another SPG hotel is because my work requires that I go there.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Charles C
Dan J, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2015

Dear Charles C,

I want to apologize for the experience you encountered during your stay with us. The issues you encountered with your room, breakfast and the shuttle service are very concerning. The hotel strives to provide excellent service throughout your stay and that was not provided for you. Thank you for taking the time to let us know your concerns so we can improve upon your next visit.

Thank you so much for your kind comments concerning the associate in the evening.

I would ask if you could reach me directly to review the service issues and the billing issues to get resolved. You can reach me at 443-577-3140 or gmarundel@ltdhospitality.com.

Reviewed 1 November 2015

Good bar, reasonable prices.
Breakfasts are to go. One writes the order down on a form, $10 max, for the room with breakfast option, then picks up the breakfast in plastic to-go boxes at the front desk. Failure to turn in your form the night before results being placed at the end of the queue the next morning. On Tuesday they lost my order, on Wednesday the order took 50 minutes, on Wednesday, on Thursday and Friday I ate at the Denny's 5 blocks away. While I understand the business model and I suppose there are business travelers who want their breakfast to go, the two dozen folks milling about the lobby awaiting their orders in the a.m. suggests that more traditional breakfasts be made available.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Shamaal

Dear Shamaal,

First of all my apologies for the delay in responding to your comments.

Thank you for your comments concerning your breakfast experience. The hotel has been working hard to fix those problems you experienced. I am confident on your next stay you will see a drastic improvement.

I look forward to seeing you again and please do not hesitate to ask for me directly.